Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Haven't smoked in weeks!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ahthen, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Hey all. I'm new to the City, so I thought I would post this here to introduce myself and ask some questions.

I'm not really that new to toking. I was introduced to pot about a year ago, but it was in late November that I really got into it. I moved to a big city and that's when my eyes really opened to how big the weed culture is.

I'd say I'm still an apprentice, but around the middle of December I started smoking every day. That continued until about three weeks ago. Now all my dealers are dry and I've stopped because - well, there isn't any to smoke.

I'm tired as hell, but I hear that's normal. And I'm tired as hell every winter, so I wasn't even worried about that. Thing is, not only am I much less motivated to do anything, my sense of time is effed. It's way more screwed up than when I was stoned all the time. Entire hours can pass without me noticing, and every day feels like it's split up into three. Is that normal? Will it go away?

Any input is welcome. Or hellos. :wave:

2. hey man. welcome to the City ^_^

when i stopped smoking for about 2 weeks it seemed like time would pass by VERY slowly for me, and it was like life was sooo much more boring..

3. I say give it another week and see how you feel. I usually return back to full intellectual capacity within 4 dayz of not smoking.
    You don't NEED weed to enjoy life. I love life without the devils lettuce, but it certainly DOES make the world appear as one big happy place!

4. I would say that the lack of motivation is due to the lack of weed. Weed is good for improving your mood, self-esteem, and general sense of well being. As for being tired as hell, is that with more or less actual sleep time? Welcome to the City. :hello:

5. yeah four days sounds about right, lol but until those four days pass I just feel about 20 IQ points lower

6. Well man, that sucks, but I haven't smoked in MONTHS!
    Although, I wouldn't describe it the way you did, I think I experienced some the same things you did. My moods were a little bit shittier, could be taken as feeling tired? You said you're less motivated, to me every task just seemed more boring, more monotone so therefore I would not be as motivated to do them.

Now the thing about time, I can't really say I've experienced, but that maybe because my smoking hiatus was simultaneous with moving to a new place. When you're somewhere completely new you're dealing with all new experiences, and therefore your brain takes in all it's surroundings thoroughly, as opposed to not really paying attention to detail when, for example when you ride your bike to work on the same path you've ridden for years, and therefore time may seem to move more slowly. A perfect example of this is that a commercial always seems to last longer the first time you see it.
    So, I guess, now that I think about it, since everything is more monotone when you're not high, and you're not used to being not high, time may seem to pass faster... unless of course you're like me and you move to a new place and everything is not monotone and new.
    With that said, yes, you will slowly get over your time distortion, once you get used to the level of monotone-ness in your life.
    Hope that makes sense and helps make you make sense of your current situation.
    Peace.

7. Alright, that makes sense. As far as the time dilation goes, I guess if it isn't the weed itself, it's from being around everything in a not-high state. Ugh. And the sleeping... I'm not really sure. Some nights I don't feel like I need any, and then the other day I was only awake for four hours. I have never slept so long in my life.

Haha, I had to write two essays within the first three days of not smoking. I was so stressed/had so many energy drinks that I don't think I could tell which symptoms were cramming and which symptoms were not-smoking. Ugh.

Anyway, thanks for the help and the welcome. =)