Haven't posted in a while

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by reefermadness11, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Alright, so i haven't posted in a while because my parents have been drug testing me, and say they will until i leave the house (which will be in august). Thing is, they haven't in almost 3 months. I even failed the last one (not because i smoked, but just because it hadn't left my system within 3 weeks), and they haven't re-tested.

Point is, i smoked a few times in the last few weeks. So if they test me soon, i'm screwed. The punishment is that i get my car, phone, etc taken away, and knowing my parents, they'll take me to a counselor. Not rehab or anything, they'll just think i need "help".

Basically the reason that they are testing me is because i fucked up so much this summer. I got my first job this summer, and was making like 300 a paycheck. I was saving a bit, but not anywhere near what i should have been. I was smoking 100 dollars away every week, and constantly high. I completely disregard the way things should have worked. But whatever, i had fun. Live and learn, ya' know?

I guess the whole point of this thread is to get input about what you guys think about this situation. What i want feedback on is this: My parents don't like it because it's illegal (understandable). Their house, their rules. But i feel like i would accept the consequences as they come. They tell me that i never know when i could get arrested, which is true. They say i shouldn't drive with it, drive while high, smoke in public, have it on me in public, all true. They know i'll smoke next year when i move out, and they admit that as much as i do. I've grown up so much in the past 6 months, and i agree with what they say. I have too much to lose to get arrested. Laws in NC aren't bad, but i still shouldn't risk it. Now i want to convince them that there isn't a problem with me smoking if i go to a friends house who already has it. Because that's no risk.

Only problem with that is that that is what i used to tell them a lot, but i did the opposite, and they know it. So i understand why they don't trust me, but i am willing to work with them so that they will.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

2. Well it took me a little over 3 months to get clean, if they test you soon you can just pull some bullshit and swear that you haven't smoked.

Fuck dude, I'm to high for this shit

3. your parents sound alot like mine, they used to be on my ass about weed all the time. theyre never gonna change their mind about bud, accept this. just show them all the respect they deserve be appreciative an help out around the house. try to have a better relationship with them a nice conversation can go a long way. my parents still dislike that i smoke, but they understand and show me the same respect i give them

4. oh yeah, we get along just fine. Except for that one little thing, of course :p

Im going to a party tomorrow night, so i know i'll end up smoking. I just.....ehh. It's my last year to ahng out with friends, and we've been doing the same since we were like freshmen and sophomores in highscool. Let the bad decisions roll, i say

The last post was kind of misleading. I'd say, and others say, that i have a decent head on my shoulders. I'm responsible, kind-hearted, and look out for others. I'm not some dumbass stoner burnout. I'm well respected by others, and i make a's and b's in school, and can hold down a job. I don't even have the desire to smoke a lot now. I just want to be able to every now and again, about once every 1-2 weeks.

5. will they still piss test u even if they think u quit completely ?

6. They threaten it. But my family isn't i the best financial situation right now. My mom is a teacher and my dad is a salesman. I have a brother in college, and i will be soon to enter college. factor that in with the recession, and you'll see that we don't have much money. Our way of life isn't being affected, but we just don't have much money for anything beyond necessities. And you know what's not a necessity? Drug Tests. And i think they know that.

7. sounds like the only thing u can do is make them think u quit or actually do so

8. Well, i quit for a while. But, even though i'm all grown up, i still feel the need to make immature decisions. it's the inner kid in me. haha

They don't think i'll smoe again. Even when i go tot he friends house that they know i used to smke mad weed with, they'll go "did you smoke"? I'll say no, and that's it. I don't know, i'm starting to get the idea that this is all a formality kind of thing. My dad didn't have a problem with me smoking for a while. he always said that he knew i was going to do it, and he wanted me to do it safe. Then he changed his mind when he knew i was doing it ever/multiple times a day.

i think that as long as i do it occasionally, don't have it at my house, and keep my shit on the DL i'll be fine. My dad used to smoke a lot when he was a kid. He understands, for the most part

9. It sounds like you have things pretty well worked out. Keep smoking. Keep being reasonable and workiong with your parents and everything will be just fine.