Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have your smoking habits or routine changed since legalization?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MellowStoner, Aug 7, 2021.

1. I have been a daily toker for about the last 15 years. Got my start late, at age 19. Usually I consume about 1/4 ounce per week, blazing each night, and engaging in the usual morning wake and bakes that all of us enjoy.

Since legalization, I noticed that I have stepped things up a bit. Since there is really no stigma here anymore for smoking weed, I tend to take it with me and "smoke on the go" more often, meaning a bowl while taking a walk, or when going out to grab coffee or something. There are more places and situations to blaze now.

I also like how I can carry weed with me and don't have to worry at all about it. No more being paranoid, worrying about getting caught, or smelling like bud. I even got a medical card now, which is saving me a fortune at the dispensary.

Overall, the lack of social stigma and not worrying about legal trouble has just made me able to enjoy weed even more. Hard to explain, but the paranoia and guilt one sometimes feels, has totally disappeared and has been replaced with relaxation, contentment and an overall nice calm feeling. I feel I can be more open about being a stoner too, which is so awesome. I love coming on this forum and telling my story!

No doubt, my usage has increased a bit as a result of legalization. However, I have no regrets, and I am enjoying the herb even more! :weed:

How bout you other long time daily tokers. Have things changed for you since your state became legal?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I'll let you know when it becomes legal where I live.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Not one bit. Still all day long.
    Unless I have something to do.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I've been smoking less since the quality of cannabis dropped significantly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I agree. I'm much more relaxed smoking outside in my back yard. We were on the back deck and the teenager from next door came out. Everybody looked at me and I said "it's Legal" and we chilled out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. No, still blaze all day long, I live in Michigan, been legal for a couple years, but I been blazing since I was 14 years old man

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I just keep feeling so happy when I smoke outside at people's homes and it's legal. My friends and I can relax. It's a big relief.
    Virginia just legalized in July, 2021 though retail sales won't come until 2024. Currently only medical marijuana patients can purchase legally at the Dispensaries. I have my MM card so I can buy legally.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well. I quit for a few years. Then legalization happened. Started again. But I smoke way less often than when i was a kid. And i find my self taking a hit or two off a bowl and cashing a bunch of green flower into the ash tray because why smoke down to shitty tasting ash when there is an unlimited supply.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Started growing it because it got stupidly expensive when we went from medical to full legal. 60 or 70 bucks an eighth, plus tax?!?! Was paying 35/eighth for super hi end before.
    Oh, and we can't actually see or smell the weed at shops anymore either, another legalization bonus. Its all prepacked, usually smashed in bags or put in very pretty and expensive glass jars. Some shops have little plastic things with a tiny piece of weed and vents that allegedly allow us to see and smell it, but they are useless.
    Not to say the quality isn't there; some of the legal weed has gotten insanely good, but its way way way overpriced.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. @PotStrainsForBackPains Hon, where are you? Eights at the Green Heart in NorCal start at under $30 (usually 20 - 26% THC) and even the "top shelf", indoor Tyson brand (36% THC) is less than $70! (Prices don't include California sales tax but, I believe, does include the local pot taxes.) Also, at least with some strains, smelling is allowed. The budtender holds the jar (to reduce touching) and the customer leans over and smells the cannabis.

I totally agree about the pre-packaging! They have taken a simple healing herb and made it into a huge ecological disaster! I recycle the glass jars and their plastic tops, but I know many folks just toss them.

I liked it better when they weighed the cannabis out in front of you and slipped it into a little baggie. However, I appreciate that the cannabis is now tested for heavy metals, pesticides and fungus and am happy to pay that bit extra for knowing my cannabis is safe! :GettingStoned:

And let me leave you with this thought- cannabis and tomatoes take much the same care and climate as tomatoes. Logically, the two should have a price that is "in the same ballpark". Last I checked, I could buy a pound of fancy organic, sun-dried tomatoes for less than $15 a pound! But I'd settle for just bringing back the $10 ounce! :thumbsup:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not really but the peace of mind is nice. I used to try to avoid letting my neighbors smell it, now if I want to take a massive bong rip out the window I can do so with peace of mind that if they want to cry about it to the cops they'd get laughed at. But more importantly if I have bud on me when driving I can't be arrested for it.

That being said still keeping it out of sight and smell is something worth doing, DUIs are still a thing and there's still no objective way to say someone is "impaired" like there is with alcohol so it's best to take the words of Lahey and Randy to heart "cops and dope don't mix do they Mr Lahey" "Like shit and strawberry shortcake Randy"

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nothing has changed to be honest. But the human body and mind can really adjust to weed. If you take a look at Cheech a long time stoner.... he only smokes 1 or 2 hits every so often now. It's just no more fun to be smoking more than a few grams a day to be honest....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Exactly. To much of anything is a bad thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. lol...i moved to a legal state and can say I dont stress when that jar is approaching empty anymore. And the avilability of HQ vape oils is SO nice. Being able to take weed with you and not be paranoid about it or take a vape pen and vape anywhere is so amazing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Been toking on this batch all afternoon. Now back home for the evening loading the Roor with another bowl right now.

:peace: E21081EB-118A-4BD8-9FEC-E3AF00C38788.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oh my! I was so stoned last night when I posted this.! I meant to post it in the “what are you smoking tonight” thread, but put it here instead since I was just baked out of my mind! After I posted, I wondered why I couldnt find it, then just fell asleep in the chair.

What a total pothead I am! Hahaha.

17. #17 Jtm187, Oct 1, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    It totally has. Not the frequency of my smoking, but so many other things. I can now pull up weedmaps and text in a delivery order and I can have whatever I want in hand within an hour or two. All sorts of concentrates, extracts, edibles, endless flower options and everything is cheap because there is so much competition.

It never used to be like that, I used to just take whatever “my guy” had and smoke it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yep! Thats great isnt it? I remember driving really far to get whatever from “my guy”, being really paranoid and being really nervous on the way home worried that the 5-0 will get me. Cruise control set to the speed limit, etc. Oh the memories!

19. This is very telling..when its legal here in norway the price will surely be 50 usd a gram.

Its 20 usd a gram now so I wont be surprised.
    If you buy 100 g you can probably get it for 550-650 usd

20. Definitely! Hadn't smoked for 40 years and my state legalized it and I've been rocking steady for the past 3 years! It's actually been life changing.