Have you voted?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DragonMage, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Have you voted yet in this election? Also, please note if your state has legalization or medical cannabis on the ballot. Thanks!

2. I'm in Dallas, Texas and I voted on the first day of early voting - which was october 18th.

There's nothing cannabis related on the ballot here.

3. No, and I won't be voting. For several reasons that I won't get into on this thread.

Barring some massive change, there also won't be any legalization votes in this state, since NY doesn't allow referendum/initiative voting. Could say it's one of the reasons I'm not voting.

4. Yes I have. :hello:

5. I also am able vote in NY and my reasoning is very similar. If I were to vote, I might vote for that Redlich guy (Libertarian party) for governor, but it's not like he has any shot at winning in NY anyways.

6. I don't vote because I don't want to promote the misconception that the process itself has any merit.

7. Nope I don't want to be that dimwit thinking he actually has a choice. Sorry fellas:eek:

8. Yup, first time voting today (age 18). Voted yes on 19 Cali!

9. Voted this morning. Main thing was 203, MMJ in AZ.

I got stoned before I went to vote for good luck.

10. Not voting for Presidency where our votes are delegated to representatives makes sense.

Not voting for items that we can directly affect does not.

Use your brain and vote today, fuck 2012.

11. #11 Gonjaninjitsu, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2010
    Like I said, I don't want to be that dimwit thinkin he actually had a choice. Sorry guy:eek:

12. Your inability to make sense does not constitute a mandate on how I choose to exercise my rights.

Use your brain and stop being patronizing.

13. What exactly do you think I should be voting for? The guy I mentioned who gets 5% in the polls or some other idiot politician who won't represent me? New York doesn't have ballot initiatives.

14. And if every person that would have voted for him has the same thought as you, and they don't vote and guess what .... he has no chance now.

I voted for a guy who has 2%.... voting is your duty as an American, if you don't vote then don't bitch about the law.

15. If you vote, then don't bitch when the guy you voted for doesn't do shit. :)

Voting for politicians doesn't change shit.

16. I did my part.Operation prop 19 is a go:cool:

shame on those who didn't vote...SHAME!

:bongin:

17. hellyea i voted .In MA mmj is question 5.

18. #18 garrison68, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2010
    I'm headed for the polls in a few minutes. New York State does not have anything on the ballot about legalization, and never does, but I am voting for gubernatirial candidate Kristen Davis, of the Anti-Prohibition Party. She considers herself a libertarian. She was the "madam" who provided former NYS governer Eliot Spitzer with prostitutes, which led to the scandal that brought about his resignation.

The projected gubernatorial winner, Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat, has already made it clear that he is against medical marijuana, even though he's admitted to trying pot when he was younger. His Republican opponent, Carl Paladino, although he is far right, and actually offensive about a lot of things, has never tried any drugs - but at least has said that he's open to discussion on the idea of letting the people decide about MM.

19. No human ever thinks exactly alike with another, we have our differences. So no candidate will completely agree with me on all my thoughts.

What I can do though is pick the candidate that is most similar and get the better of two evils.

There is this thing call compromise....

20. This reminds me of that commercial where the guy goes into the burger joint the guy behind the grill says sometimes you just gotta compromise and the narrator guy of the commercial says uh no you dont