Have you thought about moving?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by TedddyBear, Aug 14, 2021.

1. I moved 17 years ago and hope to never move again. When was younger it wasn’t too big a deal but now - no way.
    J

2. I was 73 when we began our big project but I don't regret it.

3. Most my life I've wanted to see lots of the American places I see on movies. Don't come to Australia it's the land of rules and regulations and fines. My garden could get my front door knocked of its hinges and a swat team come kick my ass.

4. Really? I have relations who live in Melbourne. I've been on a few road trips and lived in various places in the USA so here's a quick rundown:
    Texas: NOPE
    NYC: Full of incredibly rude people and mouth-wateringly expensive.
    Chicago: Like NYC but not with rude people.
    Tennessee: Only if you love country music. If you move there, you have to get a country music implant in your brain.
    California: Too big to sum up, but basically, everything from San Francisco north is great. LA is the pit of hell.
    Oregon: Lovely, and very racist. Great weed.
    Nevada: Wants your money.
    Colorado: Towns with Indian names but no Indians. Too high to breathe. Full of ski lunatics.
    Oklahoma: Listen to the Merle Haggard single, it's accurate.

5. #45 MilWatts, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
    I'm more easy going about this. I travel a lot and I already moved several times. The last time I moved a year ago from Oklahoma to Louisiana. Don't regret about any of my relocations. The last one went even smoother than expected. Maybe because I hired https://expomovers.com and the moving process itself wasn't stressful for me both psychologically and physically.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Yep , I have but I'm long in the tooth now
    So I'll give it more consideration in my next life !

7. I've lived in seven states and 3 countries. None were 'perfect' for me to live in.

8. I would like to point out that movers are a profession. No modern and developed enterprise can do without them. It is difficult to imagine modern life without this profession. Have you ever used their services?

9. I'll add Miami to my list:
    Just watch Miami Vice. It's like that.

10. Got curious about ur nickname also Yes it's local Mexican slang, it means "weed".
    Mexico is fast becoming a 1st world country. The big city near where I live has the richest suburb in the whole of Latin America: San Pedro. The economy is growing really fast; the peso is a very strong currency and has recently gone from 23 to 17 pesos/dollar. Work is plentiful and I don't see homeless people on the streets.