Have you thought about moving?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by TedddyBear, Aug 14, 2021.

1. I love my country and my home where I live. But I always dreamed of going to another country, buying a house and living in my own pleasure. If you have the opportunity, will you do it or will you live the old way?

• Like Like x 3
  2. I have such a sweet, cheap setup in the mountains of San Diego. It affords me the time and money to live how I want and roadtrip. If circumstances changed I would consider packing up my Volvo wagon and moving to Colorado. What country or area would you move to if you had the chance?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Belize would be nice I think.

• Like Like x 1
  4. In the next 5 years I am.
    My gf currently lives in another country and their politics are going sour (more than America lol!).
    Luckily she's a surgeon and accepted into many nations. I'll be fine, as long as there is high end sushibars

• Like Like x 3
  5. You mean there is worse places than the democrat controlled cities and states. Damn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. The US is at the bottom of 1st world countries.
    2nd world countries are starting to overlap the US in certain things too, like medical and healthcare.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I got on a one-way flight about ten years ago and never looked back. Turns out this place suits my heart and soul a lot better than the old one.

But it's not always an easy process and often, you can't just waltz into a place and set up new digs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Yes sounds amazing but not really a possibility now or maybe ever unless I make some serious life changes. I depend on my job too much to even move states really, it's a good career that will lead me to a nice retirement and I don't really have any skills or education so it would be tough to leave

9. It's a fact that the majority of Americans don't even have a passport, so this is an interesting question. Perhaps I can give a perspective on this from the other side of the mirror.
    Because of my job (projects engineer) I worked and lived in 33 different countries. Many of them were the ones that Mr Trump called the 'shithole countries' but nevertheless, the people in those countries treated me very well. Of course, I would prefer not to have to live in the PDRC or South Yemen or Mali etc etc but some of the countries were indeed possibles.
    And so, in each country I would consider, 'Would it be nice to move here?'
    EG:
    Cyprus. Cheap, cheap food, great climate... but ultimately boring and the bloody Turks have stolen half of it.
    France. It's OK but it's full of French people who don't like the English much because of the Battle of Agincourt.
    USA. Full of predatory capitalism, fat people and junk food, and no national health care, so no thanks.
    UK. I came from there and it's more of a shithole every year, so no thanks.
    Africa. (Anywhere) No thanks I've seen most of it.
    Islamic countries. I've spent long enough living with them in the 6th century, so no thanks.
    Canada. Got relations there but they keep sending pictures with snow in them.
    Australia. Also got relations there but it looks like a lousy bet with climate change. And it's too far.
    etc etc etc.
    Finally I decided on Mexico. It's got a good free national health system, a low cost of living, weed has been legalised, the food is great and house prices are still affordable.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. #10 CaptainImtheshit, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    I wonder how good is life in Mexico, I myself love a warm climate and there's lot of good places here in Brazil, but the economy is kinda trash you know?
    I would imagine Mexico isn't a very rich country, how is it there? I study 3d modelling and journalism btw.

I'm seriously planning on going to Rio de Janeiro in the future or something, I live in the south and temps go pretty low on winter although climate change is already a thing.

Got curious about ur nickname also, any spanish influences? haha

11. LOL. Well of course 'mota' is the local name for weed.
    Mexico is doing OK actually. The main problem of course is the cartels and we'll never fix that while Americans have guns. The cost of living is lower than most places, we have a good healthcare system, the economy is OK. Mexico is full of factories making US products.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hahah, I've learned about mota listening to the spanish Cypress Hill album. Funny thing I think it's mostly used at Mexico, I've talked to some Chilenos and they told they used yerba and weed basically as terms.

Mexico sounds pretty close economy wise to Brazil, idk, maybe it's all the taxes here. Back in the time people used to say that we produced vehicles down here and were sold it in Mexico to about 1/3 of the value bcz of the lower taxes...

About cartels I'm not too familiar about it.
    We suposedly have high corruption and drug dealer controlled areas, but I don't think it's a problem for those not living in the periferic areas, aka favelas.

13. I drove a Brazilian car once. In West Africa. It was a little Chevette. I must say, that car was tough. It had great suspension, I drove it for hundreds of km over potholed dirt roads at high speed. Then I turned it completely over in a ditch. After it was pulled out it was still OK.

• Like Like x 1
  14. No, but I wouldn't rule it out if I suddenly came into the money or got a job offer.
    I live in California and as I understand it, nearly every other state hates when californians move to their state.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Ah California. I lived in SF for 4 months. I had this gf who turned out to be a member of the Chastity Club. I left after that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Oh the chevette, it's a classic here for the less fortunate that loves RW drive. There's even a brasilian that drifts one...
    So you are a rally fan then? I likey haha.

Well, there's some bad things that comes for the good lol.
    Is it rude for me to ask how old are you? You sound old school having lived in 33 different countries...

17. Nah it's OK. I'm early 70s. I would love one of those RWD Chevettes they were dynamite little cars.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. #18 CaptainImtheshit, Aug 25, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    So good to make contact with the other generations, I'm in my mid 20's yet...
    They are not that expensive (for the region) ranging from 2k-10k dollars. I guess that money could buy a better car in the US, but if its your dream you probably could get one, and in pretty good shape I may add. Brazilians like a lot to care for their cars.

I'd be happy to help you search for one if you'd like.

19. Never fix that while we got guns? WTF are you talking about. My weapons don't affect Mexico in anyway unless them bastards from the cartel try to move into my small town. Then we fill up the old air shafts to the mines with them greasy bastards and dig em' for coal in a few hundred thousand years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. It's quite simple. While guns freely circulate in the USA, cartels bring them down to Mexico and Latin America. Do you know one main reason for all the Central American immigrants? They are being terrorised by gangs with American guns. 70% of cartel weapons come from the USA. We know this. American guns aren't just fucking up America, they are fucking up Mexico and everywhere south. When I can walk into a pawn shop in Laredo and buy a Chinese SKS 7.62mm assault rifle for $150, no questions asked, that's a serious problem. Keep your hunting rifles, cartels don't use those. But the handguns and assault weapons are being used to wound and murder people in other countries. This has to stop.