Have you seen this before.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by james60504, Oct 3, 2005.

1. :confused: I am 2 months into flower, under 400 HPS. I am growing using a wick, and my roots grew through the holes in the bottom of my planter. I added a fish pump to the bucket/solution to give the roots o2. My plants (three of them from bagg seed) had 8 -10 inch collas on three main stalks full of white hairs (no budding) when I added the pumps. It is now two weeks later and I have at least 8-12 inches of new growth on top of the colas and they still have not budded (but they are swelling). I am also at the max for my lamp height 5ft. I think adding the pumps sparked some new roots and the plant started to re-flower????

My question is if I clipped the new growth above the colas would that speed up the budding or would it be too much shock and possibly cause them to go hermie?

2. i have seen the roots going threw the bottom before, but about the huge colas and no budding i dunno... maybe a more experienced grower can help you out with that, but if you top them i dont think they would be in that much shock.

3. do not top while flowering your plants will spend there energy trying to fix the cut and fight disease with in the cut wich will at best delay and minimize your harvest or at worst kill your plant with disease. you might want to try buying top quality seeds of an easy growing plant like northern lights next time. but for now just stick it out and see what happens.

ps. you can tigh your babies down if they get to tall.

4. Thanks for the responses. I did a really newbie thing, I thought the buds would look like the buds I buy to smoke. I didn't know that they get that way "AFTER" they are dry. I just happend to save a tiny branch with some of the "hairs/no buds" I described before and a week later I find a little bud waiting to be enjoyed. Me and my girl were shocked. It made me see my LADIES in an entire new light, damn they are beautiful.

I flushed them today, cant wait for the harvest.

5. I flushed to day. But I have the roots that came through the holes (read from the beginning) sitting in water with the fish pumps and the wick> should I drain all of the water from the buckets? will my roots rot in a week? I just thought of that (geinous me).

6. Ok this might sound a little crazy, but when my plants got too tall and too close to my light I leaned them against the wall so that the cola is basically 90 degrees ( horizontal instead of vertical ). It takes a couple days for the plant to fully adjust and stay in that position. To support the plant from snapping due to pressure on the stem I stuck a thumb tack with a pen crazy glued to it right under the cola, supporting the weight of the top of the plant. This causes the side of the plant under the cola to get less light, so what I did was train the stems on that side of the plant to go up through the other stems and leaves of the plant, which is kind of like scroging except with no screen other than the one you make out of the stems and leaves on the plant. This is a picture of day two of me training one of my plants this way, the only picture of this method I have left in my computer right now...

[​IMG]

7. If you have roots coming out of the bottom of the pot you can always double pot it, all you have to do is grab a pot the same size, fill it about a quarter way up with soil and throw your plant pot in there, that'll give the roots down there more soil to play with.

8. thanks for that double pot idea i will do that tonight

9. :smoke: Ok, I did it. I made it through to the end. I got lucky, my first grow_all from bag seed and I end up with a sativa and and two Indica plants. Pictures 18 and 18A are clones from the Indica plant. 18A is a mom 18 is her sister that I topped and tied down (they were potted on the same day) 19 is the sativa mom. 21 is a shikaboom clone from a friend.

I will post more once me and my lady finish harvesting.

Thanks to everyone at GC that helped out.

10. How do you add pictures. I tried the manage attachements link bellow?