Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have you guys noticed Indica highs seems to last much longer than Sativas'?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LulzRoyce, Apr 11, 2011.

1. I'm a medical patient in California, I smoke about an ounce a month and I have yet to purchase the same strain twice. I've tried all the top shelf, high and mid grade sativas and indicas around my area (San Jose/Bay Area) so I've been around the medical block a bit now. But what I have now noticed is that not only is the indica high stronger but it seems to last much longer.. What do you guys think? Everytime I smoke a sativa I definitely feel more functional and uppity but it feels like I come down after just 45 minutes. But with Indicas it can drag for up to 1.5 or 2 hours for me. (my tolerance is getting higher these days, not too bad yet) Do you guys find this to be true? It feels like as my tolerance is getting higher that Sativas just dont get me as high as Indicas do.. Strange. O_O

2. It may be because Sativas are supposed to naturally have longer growing seasons. I think with the advent of modern cannabis growing methods, most are geared for the most yield in the shortest amount of time. I don't feel this suits Sativa dominant strains particularly well, regardless of what the experts say. It is not uncommon for a pure, full term Sativa to keep you high for 4-5 hrs at a clip. Sativa used to be a real clingy high, taking a whole day, or even a sleep cycle to get out from under it entirely and sometimes followed by what we used to call, an "overhang".

• Like Like x 1
  3. Indica makes you couch lock and not what to do anything so you just chill, with an sativa your up and doin shit so that kinda takes away from enjoying the whole body euphoria. You still should be high after that though..

4. yeah,i know what you mean,indicas are awesome,i think it because of the cbd in indicas that work with the thc that make the high last longer but less intense.

5. i'm stoned on indica right now, with me, sativa highs last maybe 4 hours and with the indica it seems to last like 5 to 6 hours, i'm craaaazy stoned right now!!!