have you ever wondered about your friends and loved ones?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by chronichouse93, Sep 30, 2014.

1. probably put this in the wrong section but ohh well, so last night i was kicking back thinking to myself, how loyal, or shall i say, who are your real friends and who in your family is really there for you?? it comes to my mind alot especially when im stoned. 
       so we all have friends and family, people who we know, love and trust that being family, friends, signifiant other, etc.. not to sound like i have trust issues or anything but have you ever thought about this; what will it take any of those people to screw you over.
      for example ive had friends turn their backs on me, cousins stab me in the back, girlfriends cheat and or leave me for someone with a high income, and so on. and we have all gone throught it but i guess my real question is how loyal are your loved ones really?? what would it take for them to screw you over,  or stab you in the back. they are loyal but what makes them turn??? 

2. #2 GobindU, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    Family and friends can definitely screw you over and it actually happens alot. Although I will say, generally the closer in blood your relation is to the other person the less likely they will screw you over (siblings, parents, etc..). However in many instances they can screw you over the worst because they know the most about you, the good and the bad, as well as, all of your vulnerabilities.

I think in most cases this happens because your friend or family member is put in a desperate situation; they have been pushed against the wall and try to claw themselves out. For instance, if your friend or family member is struggling financially they may find it easy stealing from you. Why not ask? They may feel ashamed for asking you for help.

But i think its important to remember that people do change. If they screw you over you dont have to put 100% trust in them but you should try to be always willing to forgive them; people can surprise you. Plus I dont think its emotionally or mentally healthy to hold hate/grudges with others, especially since you have no control over someone else's actions.

3. Family will be the first to fuck u over

Sent from my LGLS620 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. You don't chose family. Family knows you for who you are because you're most yourself when at home and you lived in the same home with them for years. They're the closest, but the most dangerous.

True friends are where it's at. A mutual bond forged by each one of you together.

5. Every post is accurate. I've had friends fuck me over but nothing compared to my cousin and aunt who were a little sister and second mother to me. Lesson learned

6. I've thought about it many a time.  I have no trust for my fellow man.

As you grow older you will realize how very few people want anything to do with you unless they need something from you or need your help.

Blood is not thicker than water. :smoking:

7. I have often thought about some of my friends

"How the fuck I ever became friends with them"
    Lol

8. i think about them a lot lately but for different reasons

9. #9 -Martyr, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

Disagree. Family, for most of us, is the implication of being born. The people I call my best friends and feel are my family, are people who found me amidst the chaotic nature of this world, in a moment in time where we truly had to germinate the seed of resonance with one another, just to create enough incentive to care for the other. It was much harder, and is much more significant to me. Family is family, but that's kind of the good and the bad of it. I know that I for one am more myself with the people who I chose, and who chose me, because they chose the honest version of me. My parents and sibling have a much more distorted image of who I am saved to their mental hard drives, because all they're ever going to do is impose their perceptions onto me. Part of the problem of being around people day in and day out, is the fact that they start to get presumptuous of your needs, wants, thoughts, and feelings. People begin to assume that they know what you're about, or what you're going to do, when in reality they don't necessarily have a clue. Intellectually I dwarf everyone in this house a couple of times over, on any subject. It can be uncomfortable talking to my parents because I find myself substituting or swapping out words that have become a staple in regards to my own diction, for words that are dumbed down. Can also only talk about certain things, and to certain extents. Nor can I flex my affinity for swearing like a drunk pirate with the mind of construction worker from Queens.