Have you ever thought.

Discussion in 'General' started by Wizards, Mar 9, 2013.

1. That the world is just a giant extraterrestrial experiment? Like they decided to put logical thinking bipedal creatures on one planet, and see how long it takes for us to wipe eachother out, the conditions of earth are just so perfect.

And we've never been outside the solar system before, so what if this is all just a little contained experiment,

The earth is the perfect distance away from the sun to were we don't freeze and we don't burn up, and it goes in perfect rotation 24-7 it's just trippy to me.

And the fact that dihydrogen monoxide is the one element on earth that holds more mystery then everything we know and anything we will know.

Water holds the secrets of the universe, it is truly a fascinating and diverse element, and we know nothing about it, except it keeps us alive and evaporates.

Any thoughts?

2. i think we can do more than just kill each other. in a way we kind of are an experiment, we're the most intelligent animals on this planet so nature must have something for us to do.

3. I guess I don't smoke enough weed because I keep my head wrapped around what's important right now like getting this paper

4. Every.
    God.
    Damn.
    Day.

5. I believe it's possible if there is like this whole "God" that exist if I were him I would make mankind an experiment cause we are VERY flawed none of do everything right which causes lots of disorder and there are a lot A LOT of ways to be disorderly instead of ordered there is only a few ways of being ordered

6. Being ordered sucks balls dawg there would be no point to life if everything worked out the way it was supposed to

7. #7 Cruizer, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
    Well it doesn't really make sense. How far back are you taking this experiment? Because homo sapiens came into existence around 500,000 years ago. So you're suggesting they brought homo erectus, which biologists isn't even sure is our ancestor since there's still the missing link?

The Earth isn't also the perfect distance from the sun. We just think that because we're capable of living at this distance. Water has a large range of degrees in which it can exist as a gas, liquid and solid. Let's not even get into the ways pressure and volume can determine the differences in states of matter in relation to water.

Bacteria can live in volcanoes and the most freezing deserts, they can withstand a wide range of temperatures. Since it was archae-bacteria which first released oxygen into our atmosphere (our constant energy source) then it's not much of a stretch to think that a lot of other planets, closer or further away from their sun could produce life. The organisms would simply be better at living with higher or lower temperatures than us.

We're not a miraculous lifeform and our planet isn't amazing (when you get into the chemistry and biology of its structure it's pretty amazing, but from a relative point of view in contrast to other life-producing planets it's not).

A planet will produce life that fits in with its constantly changing environment.

I don't think it's possible to think that we've been placed here by aliens with the current evidence. Unless they placed the first organism here, since we evolved from that. But if they did that it's a 545million year experiment to get to us. We've been around a very small fraction of that time and we're already worried about destroying ourselves, so if we are an experiment, I doubt we're still being monitored.

8. I guess it could be possible. Maybe its really like that one south park episode

9. Yes something like that, our universe is just a tiny particle in a bigger particle. Maybe our universe is just a bacteria in a world of giants and we are a lot smaller then we think.

Or maybe millions and millions of years away there are some highly advanced beings that we can never understand, it's like a cockroach trying to understand a human.

10. if aliens are fucking with us im sure we're more of a biotech/psychoanalytical experiment than anything

i do not think that life was seeded on earth

11. Well I mean it's fine to think that and I don't think there's a real problem with thinking it, since it has no effect on society...

But where's your evidence for this other than just thinking it? This isn't like God where nothing can be proven, we can directly prove other species from outer space interacting with our planet.

12. Cruizer said it right. Nothing wrong with the thought, but that's all it is--a thought. You can come up with all kinds of crazy ideas of how stuff works by questioning the things we don't know. And questioning is good. But, only put as much faith into ideas as you have evidence to support them.

13. Well of course, if my theory is to be considered they put the first bacteria on earth, kind of like a giant Petri dish if that makes sense, and there's so many things were clueless about that just come on and look at the evidence and if they have the ability to create a solar system, who says they aren't immortal beings?

Water is still one of the most unknown substances in the world, there's this book called the hidden secrets of water, and it takes a look at the crystals on a microscopic level, "includes pictures" and it proves that the water has emotion.

He got two water bottles of the exact same water completely clean and purified, the crystals were beautiful and flawless, he wrote good on one bottle, and bad on another. The good one maintained its beautiful crystals, while the bad ones crystals were disfigured and ugly,

It is a great read and the guy is very smart and it had alot of scientific proof that water has emotion,

It really is the most unknown substance on earth, and we have it readily available.

He also proved that dirty water is less happy then clean purified water,

Idk that whole book is a fucking trip.

14. Maybe it was just god dude haha

15. Water having emotions sounds like a money-making ploy. Lots of books can be convincing, but essentially untrue. I think I would have heard about water having emotions if it was true. Why the hell wouldn't that be big news? It's not like a conspiracy can be made around water having emotions...

Just seems like fabricated results to me. Was this published in any esteemed scientific journals? I'll have a look at that since a book doesn't really have to be credible, it just has to have a publisher in order to finance it.

As for plants, they have emotions and can respond to music, so that's not really surprising since it's an organism, as opposed to water which is a molecule.

16. Dihydrogen monoxide is 2 elements. Just sayinn..

17. No it isn't o_O

Although I'm not even sure if 'dihydrogen monoxide' would be an acceptable term in a Chemistry exam. I always just say 'water/ice/steam/water vapour'

18. #18 Jazzyj, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
    It is...hyrogen and oxygen are both elements, but together as dihydrogen monoxide, they are a molecule.

And dihydrogen monoxide is technically the correct chemical name, so if a teacher didn't accept it, they would be an idiot.

19. #19 Cruizer, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
    I know they make up H2O, I'm saying that the H2O molecule isn't 'two elements'. It's composed of three atoms which at one point might have been two elements, but in its current state it's not.

Edit: Hydrogen and Oxygen are two elements.

20. Ah. Crunge was correcting someone that referred to it as one element. As in "H2O is an element." So he said it's two elements, because hydrogen and oxygen are two separate elements.