have you ever seen your dad cry?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Third Eye, Oct 31, 2010.

1. i have thought about this alot, and i've never seen my dad cry, not even get teary eyed in all my years of life. is this normal, have you guys seen your father cry?

2. No but he got pretty close when I hit him in the balls once.

3. No, then again I haven't seen him at all for 12 years. But still, never. It would have been strange indeed.

4. From watching emotional parts in movies, yeah. I can't remember which movies, but besides that I've never seen my dad cry.

5. Hows the song go? "I never seen a man cry till i seen a man die"

Seen mine cry 2x.. one was tears of joy when he came to a little league game (the only one) and I blast one over the fence ..:yay:

and the other was when his wife my moma passed from cancer..:(

6. I think twice. Maybe 3 times not sure. Once when his best friend died and once at my grandpas funeral.

7. #7 whoamiagain, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
    -

8. ditto, only twice, both funerals. my grandma (his mom) and my great grandma ( his g-ma) were who died.

9. same/

10. never, but i've seen him get teary eyed.

11. Yeah, when he got too drunk on one christmas eve and almost got us all in a car accident on the way home... well, he cried christmas morning when he was sober thinking about what could have happened. I love the holidays.

12. I think the only time I've ever seen my dad cry is at my grandpa's funeral.

13. Nope, never.

Maaaaybe at my grandpa's funeral, but I can't really remember.

14. I never seen my dad cry but he did get teary eyed at his mother's funeral.

15. My dad....Nope. I think he came close when I told him I smoke weed.

Edit: Now he personally thinks I'm messed up because of I smoke. I've been doing it for almost exactly a year now!!!

16. Only once, the day my grandmother/his mom died. She died over a period of 7 years, really, with progressively worse dimentia. She was in a nursing home and they called us and said she was going to die soon and we should come over. As we were getting ready to leave we got another call that she was already dead. We stood around and after a few minutes my dad started crying. I never thought about it before then, but when I saw him cry that day I realized it was the only time I had ever seen him cry.

17. Yea when his dad died. It was very surreal to see him in that state, however right after that he began talking about his dad and laughing about all the times they had together. He showed me how to move on with life because it's not going to stop for you.

18. At his mothers funeral. I had a major epiphany about how all the people in the church (mostly family and friends) are having such a different experience. My cousin was trying to keep his young children from crawling all over the place, while others were mourning the loss of a church member and friend.

19. Saw a single tear fall from his cheek at his mother's funeral.

Otherwise, no.

20. My father was a rock. I didn't even know he could cry until the day we had to put his dog down for distemper. He lost it. :(