Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have you ever seen pot under a microscope? (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Mandeponium, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Here's my microscope and some accompanying images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only way I could get a picture was by sticking my camera right over the eye piece, so sorry if it's a little blurry.

A single hair magnified 4X

[​IMG]

That same hair at 10X

[​IMG]

40X

[​IMG]

Another pic at 4X

[​IMG]

10X
    [​IMG]

The only problem with microscopes is that the light comes up through the sample. So for instance, you could not view a coin under a microscope because it would block all light but a dollar bill looks great because it's flat and translucent. So viewing bud does pose certain obstacles.

2. thats actually pretty cool :smoke:

3. cool shiz man

4. Here's another. And since the light is underneath the stage, you can only the shadow of the hair.

[​IMG]

It's like a marijuana eclipse!

[​IMG]

5. digging the 40x

6. thats kool as hell man, +rep for postin something i havent seen on the City already.

7. That's sweet man, take some more under the 40x please.

8. Nice pics, but my sisters microscope has a light source above and below, Does yours not?

9. Obviously he doesn't cause if you can see, the pics are mainly of shadows since the light is shined from below.

10. Nice dude, I use a handheld at around 60x

11. Wow, that's actually pretty cool man.
    I have a microscope myself, might try that if I pick some up.

12. You should get one of these :

[​IMG]

Allows you to view 60X - 100 X

Only 15 bucks at radio shack, and you will get much clearer shots than the ones you posted.

This is what I use to know when to harvest.

13. dude actually you should try to get this other kind of microscope...shit whats it called...an electron microscope? i think you have a compound right now but an electron like lets you see like the bud as a whole and of course really close up.

14. In the biology lab at my college we have really powerful microscopes set up to computers so you can view the image on the screen and take pictures from that view. If I even think I MIGHT be able to pull it off, I'm going to try to spend some time taking pictures of weed. Digital microscopic imaging is really cool to fuck around with, definately something worth trying with weed, even in an academic building. :D

15. That would be awesome.

16. Well... electron microscopes are probably insanely expensive, I doubt there are many, if any, people in the world who own a personal electron microscope. They're also very hard to learn how to use use because you have to do something with altering the particles passing through what you're trying to take a picture of. Or there are other types of electron microscopes that can only be used to look at surfaces that are coated in some type of metal. Anyway, electron microscopy is what is used to take pictures of proteins and nucleic acids. Since trichromes can be seen with the naked eye, I think this microscope is fine. :cool:

17. Pretty sweet man, check out my sig.