Have you ever received the wrong seed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by SCP-420-w, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Look, I'm certainly not suggesting the seed bank would be at any fault here (frankly I'll take all the plants I can get). Nor am I sure that this is what's happened. It's just a suspicion.
    I ordered 3 seeds of the same strain (hindu-kush, autoflowering) and all 3 have grown into large, beautiful plants over the course of the last ~30 days. Looks like they're getting close to flower. 2 of my plants are almost completely identical. The third is drastically different despite being grown under near identical conditions:
    -3rd plant has very dark green foliage compared to the other 2
    -3rd plant has 7 leaflets on every leaf; the others have 5 on most leaves
    -3rd plant has significantly wider leaflets
    -3rd plant has very tight internode spacing compared to the other two
    -3rd plant has visibly red pigmentation on some stems; none on the other two
    -3rd plant has a distinct, very cool smell (like menthol, think mint and rosemary) whereas the other 2 smell warm and herbal (think basil, oregano, bay rum, etc)
    I've never grown 2 vegetables of the same cultivar and had results as varied as this. When the plants were young, I figured it was simply a few variations in the phenotype from different mother plants; as they got older, the differences became progressively more apparent.
    I'll be happy as long as the smoke is good on all 3:smoke:; I just found this pretty interesting.
    Can anyone weigh in?

2. Probably the same plant, just a different phenotype, different traits from its parents lineage.
    I have 6 silver haze growing and 4 look identical, same stretch, same flower structure same colours.
    And then 2 look much different then each other and the other 4.
    One has purple/reddish leaves in the bud
    The other has indica fat fan leaves and is greasy trichomes

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2