Have you ever read a book called the '' turner diaries''

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chicken, Nov 28, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

IT'S ONE OF THE MOST ANTI-GOVERNMENT BOOKS ON THE MARKET......a book im sure our government would like to ban....

i read it in 1990.... when i was locked down,,a fellow inmate shared it with me....

it's not a big book....but anyone who questions our government and the way they '' CONDUCT BUSINESS AS USUAL''....

i'd suggest it,,,,,and i believe this belongs in the political section because this is a political book...

it will make your blood boil,, and have you welcoming a revolution in the u.s.

it points out the bogus laws we have that have eroded our personal freedoms....

i'd suggest one reads it,,,,,before they think the government is on thier side....:cool:

2. Didnt that inspire a bunch of neo-nazi killings?

3. Does the book explain how the state works?

If not then it's not valid book.

4. im sure this book has inspired a bunch of blood-shed....a lot of '' hate-groups'' use it as a recruiting tool...

....^^^^^^^^^ huh?

it's a story more than a book,,, it's about a group....that rebels,, and the heat the government brings down on them.....

it's a book that can be related to actual events,,, waco texas,,,,ruby ridge,,,,the disbanment of the k.k.k.,,,and many more examples.....

it's a book that shows that if your against the government....just how the government acts to '' QUIETEN'' you....

it was said that TIMOTHY LEVAY had this book on his person when he was caught....

or was that just some made up shit the government used to show timothy as a anti-government villian?

now i in no way am o.k. with what timothy did,,, if you have a beef with the gov. it's best to take them head-on,,,,,,what he did was cowerdlly...:cool:

5. And it's also one of the most racist books on the market, and this is not coming from some whiney liberal who shouts 'racist' to anything that he doesn't agree with. But this book is legit racist, it talks about clensing all non-whites and creating an all white utopia. Yeah, so pretty much this is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad book to start if you want to get into anti-government literiture, I'd suggest you go read some Rohbard, Proudhon, or Tucker.

6. Doesn't the World Trade Center get hit by a plane in this book? And this book came out before 9/11!!

7. im not really sure,, it's been close to 21 years since i read it....

...im just suggesting a book that any person who has questions or doubts our government,,,,

might want to look into,,,

it gives a fiction scenerio,,,,

but as you read it,, you slowly come to realize that these chain of events discussed in the book,,,, could actually happen....:cool:

8. Book is trash and the white supremacy movement is trash too.

9. i'll agree with the latter part....

and to some the book may be worthless,,,,,,but a few will walk away after reading it,,, with a new outlook on our '' LOVING GOVERNMENT'',,,,:cool:

10. I'll be at the library tomorrow; If it's not banned to the public I may just give it a read.

11. Sounds interesting OP.

I've been looking for new reading material so I'll peep this. (Rather than shit on you over you opinion of a book.)

Thanks for the reccomendation. If I'm able to scoop this in a relavant amount of time I'll post back with my opinion.

12. History Channel touches on the turner diaries when it discusses white supremacy gangs and skinhead movements.

13. McVeigh was inspired by the book and wasn't a white supremacist, but I'd still feel gross reading a book written by a white supremacist. It's all about killing jews and gays I think?

Check out The Army of the Republic if you want a non-racist, modern look at revolt and societal collapse in the US.

14. true that^^^^

the author of the book has been interviewed about it,, and he stated that these far-right groups kidnapped his writings and twisted the book to fill thier own agenda....

....just as they kidnapped the confederate flag.....

i dont think you'll find it at a public libary though....

most of the places that sell it,,,'' in my mind'' are fringe book dealeares at most of these places you will find '' the anarchist cookbook'' and literature of some odd nature....:cool:

15. one has to read it with a open mind....and ignore the hate,, that it has in it,,,

..i found it intresting on the fact of the way it described the government's reaction to the people that the book portrays....:cool:

i mean when WACO texas.. first hit the news,,,,,

DID YOU PREDICT THE OUTCOME to be that they all would be killed by TANKS?

the government is fine with you as being mindless robots,,,,,but cross them and they are on you like a rabid dog,,,,,,:cool:

16. I can imagine a whole arsenal under your house :p

17. This has made me even more interested to read, i will pay cash so that i dont get flagged by obamas liberal government as a "right-wing terrorist" because thats who they view as the real threat.

18. wise indeed,, im sure anyone who buys this book,,,goes on the gov's. LIST...that use a credit card...:cool:

19. i found out a yout ube link,,, you may not need to buy it at all...

.............[ame]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_sbRmSV21w[/ame]