Have You Ever Quit A Job By Not Showing Up?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Cloud10_2003, Jun 15, 2014.

1. I got a job helping a joiner (carpenter) whrb I was 17. The guy was a proper prick and really creepy. Was always asking me about sex!

What I liked doing in bed many girls I had fucked what age was I when I first had a ride etc etc you get the drift.

Was on a job one day and his constant questions this day pissed me right off. I told him I was going to get a can of juice from the shop and just got the bus home lol never seen him again.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the creepy cunt stole my trainers and hoody too! He denied it said they must have got thrown out with the rubbish. Which is plausible except I always kept them in my backpack! I hate confrontation and being a skinny wee 17 yr old I just accepted it and said nowt.

2. I call this "The Houdini". I have done this many times! In fact I opt for this when I want to quit a Job. "Now you see me, now you don't!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. My little rant

I feel you , I’m working a shitty job . We are currently under staffed we have had staff transfers from other stores to ours in the past.

but I guess that’s to hard.. most of the time I am doing up to 3 other peoples jobs as well as my own. I get in trouble when I say could I have 5mins to get my self together.

I get told off for being slow when as stated I am doing everyone else’s job as well as my own and the managers are not doing shit.

I work part time but often get called most days I have off . That’s not the worst part they even think it’s appropriate to spam call me at between 10pm-12:30am . To work the next day by 5am..

Yeah I have been looking for other jobs with no luck so far. Once I do find one or even if I don’t , not sure if I can take another 2weeks so tempting to just be like “fuck this bye”. But I better have a job lined up before I do something stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not if you want to use them on your future job applications. As much as I'd love to have done that, or would even love to do so at my current job, it is wise to put your 2 weeks on. You never know what future paths you destroy by burning bridges now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. My father always told me, if you are 5 minutes early, you're already 10 minutes late. :)

6. Yea but it was a fucked up situation. A co-worker attacked me because he couldn't handle me talking shit when he had been talking shit all week. I ended up knocking him out and we both got fired. The owner called me later and talked about what happened. I told the owner I should have told him the guy was talking shit since the supervisor did nothing other than telling him to stop. Then I got offered my job back because I was a good worker. Then Monday came and my alarm never went off so I lost the job again.

Didn't really care that I lost the job because the owner was screwing everyone on their checks. Any time we worked overtime he would mark it as travel time so he didn't even have to pay us. I was going to get a lawyer but the chick I was dating at the time said it would ruin her brother-in-law's relationship with the guy since he is the one who helped me get the job. Flash forward a couple years and a co-worker had worked at that company after me and said the supervisor sued for that reason and got like $70k. I was heated lol

7. This thread is four years old!

8. OK, but the topic is relevant and more stories are being told.

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Worked at kfc when I was 18 for 8 hrs never went back. Place was so gross and every employee fucked with the food even the manager. I rarely eat fast food because of my experience there.

10. I never once stated that people need not post just that said post is four years old

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. couple times. got so medicated on wax one tine i fell asleep before mt dishwashing shift started lol. got fired next day

"And I thought hurricane season was over"

12. Kiiiind of.. I was going to take on a 2nd job but let's face it the manager dude seemed like an ass and the job was going to put wear on my car and wouldn't be worth it if anything happened. Stopped corresponding with them after already taking the job but not starting...cause I had finally asked for a raise at my main job.. and it worked!

13. I walked out of a job once. Couldnt take the shitty co-workers and environment anymore. I also didnt go in the last few days of a two week notice. I had another job lined up though. Oh well, if you don't need them for a reference and its not worth it, dont worry about it.