Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have You Ever Overdosed On An Edible

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by GrandpaJonRedSox, Jun 29, 2014.

1. I hear people say you can't overdose on weed all the time and that is simply not true. You can't die from a weed overdose but it is very easy to get too much THC in your blood with an edible to function in any normal way. A few months ago I was cooking with some leaves of a strain I had not used before and I ate too much and thought I had slipped into a coma after choking to death on some nuts my wife gave me. In reality I was just really tired from too much THC and I was just fine a few hours later but every time anyone tried to talk to me I would ask them if I could put them on hold for a minute like a customer service person on the phone. And I actually though I couldn't move because I was in a coma even though I got up to urinate a couple of times. Somehow that did not register that I was obviously not in a coma if I can get up to pee. Even though it was kind of scary it was still a pretty fun day, just not productive at all.

2. @[member="cball"]

here I am as cued...

yes, you can 'overdose' on ANYTHING..even water...to much oxygen concentration in the air will OVERDOSE your blood.

people world wide, on an hourly basis, are overdosing on ALCOHOL, and/or POT...no kidding, (there is a party going on somewhere 24/7).

hell, they are overdosing on a wide range of things and have been since animals figured out getting a buzz was fun...some natives in south American blow a powdered root up their buddies nose and they overdose on that DRUG too the point of frothing, drooling uncontrollably and vomiting at times, then they drink some spit beer and have some more...

over dosing is just what it says, you took to much of a dose and have intoxicating effects (most words are created using other words with known meaning, intoxication does not infer toxic just because it has the word in it), that could even be causing your body to try and reject anything with more of the substance from your body as if it was truly toxic (shits, vomiting, sweating even..)..doesn't matter what that substance is.

what people are referring to, on pot not being possible to 'overdose' with, is DEATH...
    there is no way to consume enough pot to die from it. but people do get too high, some get WAY too high, but they will not suffer any physical effects unless they freak out and cause themselves to get hurt...drunks do this a lot if they aren't hurting others...
    coffee drinkers overdose, get jittery and are known to get hurt by the shaking they get affecting handling objects or walking...
    sure a one ton bail of pot could land on your head after falling a couple hundred feet..but that isn't an overdose related death...

i.e..yes, you can overdose as it is defined in Websters in respect to "too much"..but you can not overdose and DIE from pot, it just is not possible (I am sure you could inject a large vial of oil but that would just be clogging veins and arteries, it would kill you but not from a drug effect perspective, may as well inject superglue and clog the arteries...)

hope that clears up the issue..if not...go 'overdose' on some pot and think it over... :bongin:

4. No I havent

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. The phrase is greened out. Not overdosed huge differance. I know people who have greened out smoking as well. Best thing to do is take a nap. Lmao overdose ...........

6. Ok greened out. I greened out and thought I was in a coma. The best thing to do is eat something soft then take a nap if you are greening out.

7. Best thing to do when greening out is

Throw up if you must, it will feel better
    Sit up at a 45• Angle, recline
    Drink water!!! Cold preferably
    Wet rag or ice pack on your neck, and forehead
    Breathe in and out with long, slow breaths
    Have a fan on
    Open a window
    Look outside or be outside

8. ........I wish.......

9. You wish you were greening out? I like to be stoned but greening out is too much for this old man. I am neigh on 40 I like to at least appear to be with it these days.

10. I mean i wish it was possible to od on weed. I smoke so much for health reasons i barely get high at all. A t break means tolerating extreme amounts of pain.

11. That sucks. I smoke to help me sleep, to help with my social anxiety disorder, and for recreational reasons. I think if you drank a glass of the marimilk I made a couple of weeks ago you would have greened out. This stuff was super potent. I had several pounds of leaves in one gallon of whole milk. I was drunk and high and not thinking when I made it.

12. If I take a really big hit and cough and burn my throat I start to trip, does that count?

13. What's the score of the red wings game?

14. No, I wouldn't say it does because when you get so high you trip from smoking it only lasts a few minutes while greening out from edibles lasts for hours sometimes.

15. no overdose. ate 2 cookies once and couldnt move. forgot to tell me they made them with hash oil and made them SUPER strong. slept well tho!

16. I just took my usual edible dose after taking almost 2 weeks for a tolerance break.

I am now having a really bad case of nausea and dizziness, and I feel like I have to puke, and almost did a few times.

17. You were just really high op

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Hahahaha, I can imagine someone stoned putting other people on hold. Funny as hell

OP, you were blazed out of your mind man. Just control yourself, while going with the flow of the high. Or take a nap, whichever sounds best, haha. The best thing is to ignore the bad feelings, and do something fun (everything when stoned), which could be TV, music, dancing, meditating, EATING, etc. You're not limited to what you do, but it has to make you laugh, be trippy, or be really interesting.

19. I attempt the 'overdose' every day but the worst that happens is a nap and a bag of doritos.