Have you ever lied on your resume?

Discussion in 'General' started by tokatoka420, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Alright so I've had 2 jobs that were seasonal and they always end in the summer so I end up broke. All the permanent positions they never call me back -.- so I was considering lying on my resume.

Anyone ever done it? how did it work out

2. just about pay if i'm trying to grt a better paying job, i'll put that i made 9 an houe instead of8.50

3. Yep. Just on stuff they can't check up on lol.

4. Once i started lying saying i worked the last 8yrs for a company that went out of business i got way more call backs then saying i havent been working lately

5. ya long as they cant check it then there is no way for them to know

6. This is why if I ever have a business, I will be calling every single reference they leave and making sure they actually worked where they said they did.

7. Most places ask if you can provide contact information for your past employers, I never put it due to convenience and laziness, never hurt my chances for a job, even though I didn't lie. But they never called to confirm since I didn't provide a number to call.

8. that and alot of times people are still working at the job on the resume the last thing you want is the place your applying at calling up your job and getting you fired as long as you tell them they cant call them then they cant references are different as you should only be putting places down that you know you will get a good reference if your just out of high school and dont have work history it is totally ok to put your teachers down actually the first person on my reference list is my math teacher from when i was in high school

9. Yup that too.

and I got my close friends for references. I tell my one friend "art vandeley" and he knows he might be getting a call for a job reference.

10. No, but will I ever? Maybe. Just on what they can't check up on. Times are hard, you gotta do what you gotta do.

11. haha oh lying on a resume to get a job you want. I wonder..

12. Nope, no need.

When I was young I was applying for jobs where the substance of my resume didn't matter. Why the fuck would I lie for a crappy job as a cashier, stockperson, etc.?

Now I am applying for jobs in my career field. Among other things, it's important that I am actually capable of the job that I'm doing. I can't lie because the things that I would lie about will become very apparent after I start working the job and can't keep up. It's better to be honest because it helps me get a job I am a good fit for.

13. The answer is yes. I failed to reveal how truly awesome I was. It was a mistake and the company paid dearly. Poor things had their minds blown. Didn't stand a chance.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yep. I never graduated highschool but on the applications I always put I graduated from my local public school that my sister went to. I havn't had any problems so far.

I'm pretty sure that within the first 5 minutes of meeting me people don't even question my intelligence lol

15. Alright fuck it im lying on my resume this concert place is having a job fair. No other choice when I get the job im gonna work hard so oh well

16. You're looking for jobs for your survival, right?

Fuck with morality. Lie about everything.

Tell them what they want to hear.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I do it too.

18. Honestly every job i've had except for one i've talked my way into without a resume and the one time i did use a resume i had it professionally done so it stood out and i purposely employed huge vocabulary on said resume, way outside my normal vocab, i dont know if thats lying or not but it worked very well, he actually held up the common resume he got and then mine and there was a huge difference.