Have You Ever Grabbed A Nail That Was Still Hot?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Caveit77777, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Whenever I introduce somebody to my rig I feel it's necessary to explain the risks of pulling the nail out since they are so used to smoking bongs. I do this because the person who sold me the rig told me you could burn your finger to the bone if you grab it. I'm not trying to test this myself haha but I've always wondered if this was true. I searched youtube and google a couple times and only found bullshit about fingernail accessories. Ya'll got anything? Stories preferably with pics or videos?  

2. #2 iphidamas, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
    well i would assume so since you're heating it up until its red hot lol. but just touching it for a second wouldnt "burn it to the bone". ive never touched one myself because i prefer smoking flowers over dabbing, but i would assume its like touching a stove.

3. Burned myself plenty of times on my nails but I was never retarded enough to let it burn through to the bone. I'm sure it's happened though

4. To the bone? No won't make it through the skin unless it's right after you heat it.

This pic was 2 secs after I heated it and it was in contact with my skin for a good 5 secs ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403883093.032348.jpg

Left me a scar but to the bone? You would have to be pretty stupid to let it burn you for that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Once I actually touched the area between my two knuckles on my middle finger to a hot titanium domeless nail - shit burned real bad. The thing was, when it healed it left like a distinct, permanent indentation in my finger where the burn was. there's just one region on my finger that's about 2mm lower than the rest. WHen it happened, I also very clearly remember seeing white where the burn was, and considering the depth of the scar and being on my finger where there's not much between between meat between your skin and bones, I thought it might have been bone. I'm not a doctor though so I don't really know, could have been something else. 

tl;dr nails are hot. just took two dabs from my titanium domeless nail so I'm ripped and less than literate 

6. Yeah its never that bad, have burnt myself countless time

7. I have burnt myself a few times but I'm using dome less too and just placing the rig down and not thinking wham ouch..

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Google drunk guy grabs domeless nail. Or drunk guy dab fail.

Trim Nazi

9. And I burned myself once because I missed when trying to put on my dome. Slide the outside of the dome right down the side of the nail till my finger was sitting ontop of the super hot nail. But I'm trying to not burn myself with this new enail.

Trim Nazi

10. The only thing that fixed my pops when picking up a hot nail was aloe Vera and lots of it. If ya got a aloe plant in your house use it

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. Fuck you see the smoke comming of his fingers being burned!!! Wtf lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Yes. It hurts. Badly. Back when I was using a ti domeless with the little ceramic sleeve for regular female holed water pipes (I now use quartz, much much better, lower temp and holds it longer) I made the mistake of grabbing the sleeve. Previous tests with an ir probe showed the sleeve got up to 500f with normal dabbing... Anyway it burned, I left go, it and the nail dropped, I grabbed the nail... you'll forgive my stupidity as I had just taken a dab after all.Anyway, results were third degree burns about 1 square inch total on my fingers and it took about a month to heal. Also burned myself with hot knifes, wands, etc. Basically anything for oil that requires you to use a torch will likely come in contact with you at least once. It sucks but hey, at least youll be really high

13. I've burnt myself a couple times. First time I went to pick up the nail like a bowl piece for flower I almost caught myself in time but my pinky still touched lower on the nail. I don't know why but my pinky usually touches first. Second time was actually a couple days ago, I was holding the rig for my boyfriend and I'm sick right now with a sore throat so I went to reach over for my water and wasn't fully thinking but my forearm layed right on the nail burning 2 perfect circles. Still don't know how to explain how I got the burn