Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have you ever eaten raw cannabis?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 420_SOS, Aug 8, 2019.

1. I have a friend who doesn't smoke but every now and then he would ask me for a little piece of bud for him to chew on, he said that did the trick for him but to this day I still think it's BS

I was checking this https://thcdetox.biz/blog/what-happens-if-you-eat-weed/ but I also found similar information on High times https://www.google.com/amp/s/hightimes.com/edibles/get-high-eating-raw-weed/amp/

Have you tried it? I swallowed some bud the other day because of some cops and felt nothing but a friend of mine did it a while ago too and told me he did feel something, is he BSing me too?

2. You would have to eat a good bit to catch a buzz

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Your friends chatting shit you need to decarb weed.. eating it as it is will do nothing lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Haha that's what I tell him, I'm gonna decarb some without telling him and give it to him when he asks me for a little piece to chew!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I read something like that but how much would that be?

6. Depends on the quality of the bud. Over a eighth for sure

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. THC has to be heated to be activated. Your stomach doesn’t reach this temperature.

You won’t get high no matter how much THC you eat raw.

That’s why we decarb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cannabis does naturally decarb over time so the older it gets the more active it becomes.
    Occasional users or very low dose people like my wife can get something from raw cannabis but she only needs 2-3mg to get a roaring buzz going.
    The rest of us like myself need from 50mg to a few hundred mg of active material to get that hammered and I could eat a full ounce of raw buds and not feel a thing.

So it depends on the age of the weed and the individuals requirements. The range of needed dosage on edibles is really wide and what is good for me would have my wife in full blown green out and make her sick as a dog with the spins for hours while what works for her I wouldn't feel at all.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Way back in the day when I was in Germany for a couple of years one of the group didn't smoke so we'd all chip in some hash and him eating about 2 grams of raw hash would send him flying so it does work it just takes quite a bit of high grade material. This was in the early 70s long before we knew anything about decarbing to activate.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lol you could eat a Q & it wouldn't do anything.. you need to decarb for it to do anything:laughing:

• Like Like x 1

11. Hash can be partly decarbed from how it's made/how long it's left before being sold, eating raw hash does get you high because I've also done it :smoking: don't think weeds the same though since you just cure then it's sold/smoked ect

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Exactly. It's heat compressed to make the blocks so some decarb gets done at that point. As far as the weed goes as it ages it is decarbing. I won't shake my grow out until it's got some age on it. After growing long enough you get to know exactly how you want your dry-cure-storage to go and since I'm in no hurry I've learned 3 months or more in the curing jar puts the high right where I like it best. It's the ratio of cannabinoids that is changing as it ages. Think of it as fine wine or aged whisky's. Something I can't quite put my finger on comes to the front when it's done just right.

Since my wife is such an easy stone I can use her for a test subject when I'm making THC-a capsules. We've learned that each months or even days aging does bring up more active THC and for people who really can't deal with the high stone most of my stuff is I can dial just how it will hit on aging alone.

Done as edibles for cancer patients some do better on the inactive THC-a so getting it from the living plant into a medication needs to be done in short order as with each passing day it's changing and decarbing enough that a sensitive person will get stoned from. On some folks it really only takes a touch of active THC to knock them silly for hours. I know as I'm married to one and after 40 years I know her very well and can judge just how stoned she is by how mad she is at me. :) OOOPPPsssss

" You said this was low stone ? " "ASSHOLE I'm ripped !!".
    LMAO she only takes a single toke and she's high so when I miss judge making medications for a friend she'll be pissed at me. She is my tester because she is such an easy stone. Much as she hates it at times she knows I'm worthless as a tester.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I knew it got dry but had no idea it decarbed! That's wild!

14. I've eaten it raw, didn't feel a thing...

15. My experiences are well described in BnW’s post. When I have had a super low tolerance I get a buzz from raw weed. As a daily user, I wouldn’t feel a thing. And like most edible experiences there were mixed results. Sometimes nothing, sometimes remarkably stoned. I have a somewhat acidic stomach and I wonder after reading a few comments about citric acid used to decarb might stomach acids do the same thing to some degree.

16. I've eaten (or taken bites out of) nugs a few times for various reasons, but never got high from it :)