Have you ever dealt with someone always trying to invite you to church

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeffersong808, Jan 3, 2017.

1. So im tryna go gym and some dude stops me and invites me to go church. I say maybe next time.. bc I'm going gym.
    He makes me feel bad saying what if there is no next time? The gym isnt more important than god etc.... he makes me call him & i block his # bc he is texting & calling me.

Then im going gym again, i run into him. I say i cant go, then he says "what do you have to do thats more important than god?! Are you gonna die from not going church?!"
    So im like whatever and he takes me 30minutes away to his church.
    While there, he confronts me about not texting him back etc, asking if ive changed my number..

It was unlike any church ive ever been to, they were shouting overpraising jesus, dancing and jumping in circles, i swear he was speaking in tongues...

Then just now him and his friends knock on my door inviting me again....

He lives 30 minutes away yet is always in my area..

What do i do? Have you ever dealt with these people and why is he like this?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tell them you are an athiest and to fuck off!

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

3. I don't see the problem, here......unless you're a HEATHEN!!

4. Tell him you don't want to go to church and he should respect your decisions. Don't feel bad man, no reason too

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sounds like you're dealing with an evangelist.

So they are Christian, but what makes them unique is that they feel that it is their duty to go around spreading the word of god and how great he is. Most Christians could give a fuck what you do with your time and life.

But if I were you I'd politely decline, just explain that you don't feel it's necessary to go to church to experience god or something like that. Don't let someone guilt you, let alone DRAG you to church. Church just flat out SUCCCKKSSS.

6. just do whatever you wanna do. lol

7. My whole adult life. mom's super religious. as are her friends and most of my family. ugh.

8. Start inviting him to an orgy and get offended when he refuses. If he accepts...you're on your own.

• Like Like x 3
  9. You can't make an informed decision without knowing the truth. Right now...all you know is that you've been beaten over the head with the Bible by your Mom, her friends and now this person. Honestly, I would also tell you that there is nothing more important than having a one-on-one relationship with Jesus Christ as you walk through this life. Why don't you talk to God about it. That's a great place to start. But Jesus is real, his love is real, his salvation is real and, most importantly, the peace you get from giving your life to him is the most wonderful thing I've ever found. TWW

10. Faith is not based on an "informed decision". It's a leap. I don't begrudge your faith, but your "truth" is not an objective truth.

11. I don't need a "magical sky daddy" to tell me what's right or wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like Like x 1
  13. Don't make excuses, just say you don't believe in that shit and tell him to leave you the fuck alone. Those people won't take a hint, you need to be direct and firm. Don't worry about hurting feelings because they sure don't worry about yours

14. go to black people church. it will lively up most atheists

my girl with the truth

15. it's free entertainment on your way to church if you didn't care. go to church or do the orgy thing. for reals

• Like Like x 1
  16. rofl. OP's all like "He lives 30 minutes away, but is always in the area!"

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lol, when I was in Basic Training in the Army, I would go to the gospel churches on base.

Man religious or not they really know how to deliver a sermon. So much energy and the music is totally legit. One can't help but be pumped up and join in!:jump::yay::hello::rave-girl::dance2:

• Like Like x 1
  18. i was in a dark place when i walked in and nothing changed but i was groovin

19. Hows that funny

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Grasscity Forum mobile app