have you ever been hit by your parents growing up?

Discussion in 'General' started by dezz, Sep 6, 2012.

1. I have the fucken worst beatings from my father growing up I can still remember them clearly. I would get hit by the cable of the iron so fucken hard I would get the raised red mark and it stung like a bitch. I would fucken shiver when I saw my father because I was scared of him to death. Looking back at it he just wanted to discipline me and that's what he did. But at a cost I'm not really close to him just my mom.

Idk I just had a fucked up child hood..any of you blades went threw any of this bs.

2. I was raised by my grandparents.
    My grandpa would just spank me and my brother with his belt. Standard stuff.

3. I was an extremely unruly child, I always treated my mother's attempts at verbal disciple as a joke.

So my mom often smacked me across the face but every once in a while shit got uglier than that.

4. Yes but not a lot, and it wasn't severe at all. Regardless, I find that kind of thing to be absolutely disgusting and unjustifiable.

5. Holy crap OP I would have told someone if I were you.
    I got like 5 light spankings growing up

6. Yeah my parents tried to pull that shit a couple times. Till i hit back, then no problems.

7. Not by my parents, but my cousin, who's my mom's age, punched me once because he though I was cheating in monopoly. :rolleyes: My mom was right there to handle retribution, though, so it wasn't that bad. My step-mom was emotionally abusive, though and my mom was neglectful when she did her whole druggy thing. Sorry about your stuff, man. No one should go through that type of shit when they're little.

8. my dad always used to beat the shit out of me and my brother. ironically, hes in jail now, but when i was a kid man ohhh man was i terrified. he used to punch us in the gut, knock the wind out instantly, or slap both me and my brother around, pick me up by the shirt and slam me against the wall, get so close to my face he spat all over me from yelling, belt to the bare back and ass countless times - it got to the point where i didn't have much of a will to live anymore. But i try not to think about those days, was a very dark time.

My older brother got it wayyy worse then me though, he's kinda fucked in the head now cos of it, doesn't really show his emotions, keeps to himself a lot of the time, he's getting better though with time.

ever since my dad was incarcerated i vowed to never treat another human being the way he treated us, i don't know how anyone could ever hurt someone like that then try and justify it as okay.

9. evil must be vanquished.

10. I was always "threatened" by the belt by my grandfather...

but I don't remember being actually hit growing up.

11. Damn guys this shit is heavy, i'm sorry you all had to deal with this. Marley it sounds like you learned you lesson and its great to here that you will not continue the behavior as many victims often do to cope.

12. [quote name='"MarleySubs"']my dad always used to beat the shit out of me and my brother. ironically, hes in jail now, but when i was a kid man ohhh man was i terrified. he used to punch us in the gut, knock the wind out instantly, or slap both me and my brother around, pick me up by the shirt and slam me against the wall, get so close to my face he spat all over me from yelling, belt to the bare back and ass countless times - it got to the point where i didn't have much of a will to live anymore. But i try not to think about those days, was a very dark time.

My older brother got it wayyy worse then me though, he's kinda fucked in the head now cos of it, doesn't really show his emotions, keeps to himself a lot of the time, he's getting better though with time.

ever since my dad was incarcerated i vowed to never treat another human being the way he treated us, i don't know how anyone could ever hurt someone like that then try and justify it as okay.[/quote]

Omg that's how I feel blade about treating people fairly and with reosect and not hurt them.

13. Well, I got spanked. Sometimes with a belt, a couple of times I got the "pick out your own switch" treatment (if you know, you know). I don't know what else to say about that, but when my parents split, it was nice not having to worry about that shit from my dad any more. I guess that's the silver lining to a bad situation...

14. Cannot for the life of me remember, possibly, but not too sure.

15. whats the diff b/w hit and spank. was spanked growing up, i guess that evolved to getting hit with objects in adolescence (high heel shoes of mom, belt of dad, shoes of dad, spatulas, bare fists etc.)