Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have trouble letting go

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mrmuffinman, Jan 23, 2014.

1. I have been smoking for almost 2 years and usually enjoy my high. Recently I have being paranoid and it sucks. Always in edge thinking my dad will come home ( I'm 19 ) .Any tips in how to just let your body and mid go and not worry. It's like a backseat driver.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I know exactly what u mean it happens to me all the time but I notice the higher my tolerance and the smaller amount I smoke makes them less frequent, it doesnt happen to me as much anymore but like 2 years ago I had terrible paranoia everytime I smoked.
    I have to pieces of advice first you just have to remind urself ur just being paranoid from the high and what ur worrying about probably isnt real, i know its hard but u kinda just have to, try writing a note to urself and keep it in ur wallet or something and look at it when ur freaking out. or like find a song that always calms u down and listen to it.
    Also wake and bake
    But when you wake you bake you know that everything will be just fine, so fine

3. Haha thanks. And I usually wake n bake when I wake up to early and wanna sleep hard.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Yeah lol i have sleept through a day or 2 after a wake n bake

5. Yeah. Run out and say fuck it. It ain't tobacco. I use medicinally for Cluster Migraines. All day every day for, weeks, months, YEARS at a time. When I feel them go into remission I quit. There are a few sleepless nights, but other than that nothing. I've tried to so smoking cigarettes... Brother, I thought about them fuckers every day all day for no reason. Weed is nothing like that. Or you could just approach your dad and level with him. Does he drink? Has he toked? Like Hunter Thompson, I don't advocate drug use and violence... but it's always worked for me too!

If you want to quit, just stop. Your mind craves it. Your body doesn't.. Or reverse that. Either way, a few restless nights and you are done. Nothing uncomfortable or scary I promise. However... You may be self medicating and not know it. If so it will manifest itself. People think their brain controls their body... That just isn't true all three time. Your body tells the brain it is hungry, not the other way around...

6. I'm not sure if you have reasonable parents or not, I fortunately do. In my situation, my parents used to smoke. I just told them the next day after the first time I smoked. They occasionally ask me how much I smoke, but they allow me to do it. Dad even showed me how to roll a joint. 

7. Parents are prudes.Dad used to smoke a lot and now is this Jesus freak who sees me watching breaking bad and says " I don't like that nasty show you watch ".Sucks to see someone turn so, for the lack of a better word, soft.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. do some exercise before you smoke. it totaly cuts down paranoia. also Valerian root tea helps too.

9. I find it best to just leave the area of parents for a few hours if you have parents like that and weed always makes you 10x more paranoid about something you already dread sober.If you have a car or a friend with a car, go somewhere to smoke and go chill somewhere for awhile so you can enjoy your high. And after a few hours out you'll be straight. I know it's not the best, but when the thought of your parents catching you is constantly buzzing around in your head while high and you know you'll be in trouble if caught, you gotta do what you gotta do. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. it's all about your environment. obviously there's a reason you are worried that your dad will catch you. if your dad suspects your marijuana use then u need to be careful and not smoke unless he's asleep or if you are out and about, that will lower your stress. other than that, just don't give a fuck. it's weed, it's not unhealthy and morals are for theists.