Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have To Quit Weed For Probation.. Advice?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NorthernRoadSilk, May 12, 2014.

1. I'm having an extremely hard time stopping smoking. I've been a daily smoker for around 5 to 6 years now. I've taken week breaks in the past but it was a choice not a obligation.

I've currently been sober for 6 days and I'm already ripping my hair out. I can't handle it. I can't even do what I used to do because nothing is interesting anymore. TV, video games, hanging with friends. It just isn't the same when you can't be high and participate.

My probation term is 2 years and I don't know how I possibly am going to make it. If I fuck up a drug test I am automatically sentenced to a 2 year sentence in jail. Just searching for some advice from someone whose been through a similar situation because right now I see no light at the end of the tunnel.

2. Think of it this way

Get ass raped in jail and fuck up life forever < not smoking for two years

This is obvious but you shouldn't have fucked up in the first place
    Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Maybe it'd be easier to deal with it if I was guilty... I didn't commit the crime I'm being accused of and if i went to trial I could have faced 10 years in prison.

4. Looking for anyone to help me.

5. every time you go to smoke, think about how bad it would be to fucked by this guy
    [​IMG]

6. Smoke hookah! Not the same high obviously but you get the smoking sensation and a lil bit of a head change. That's what I'm doing..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Thanks coochie for the real reply/advice appreciate it. Gonna invest in a hookah soon thanks man

8. Damn drug testing sucks

9. get yourself a vape pen. no high but does help when ever you wanna puff a cloud out at any time. and you dont have a big hooka that you have to burn a coal every time you wanna smoke. just very convenient 

10. You won't be able to smoke in prison anyways so where do you want to remain sober ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Good point Cali

12. Good point Cali

13. Just quit im the biggest pot head i know and i had to quit for 2 yrs twice...especialy sucks when everyone is smoking and you gotta sit there and watch

14. You can do it! Just gotta persevere. Just think, after 2 years; your first toke. You gonna get soo high. :smoke:

15. prison sucks

that alone should be enough motivation

good luck

16. Had a buddy that had the same problem..he had a genius idea tho..ppl use shrroms to quit all types of things and 99% of drug test don't check for that chemical in your body..he did shrooms twice a month for a year and had very little time
    Struggling with cravings..for whatever reason the spiritual journey In shrooms makes one at peace within his/her mind

17. Find hobbies just something to do to take your mind off smoking. Exercise, making stuff, reading, or just doing anything hands on. I don't know what you're interests are so I cant really recommend anything specific.

Like I said though the best thing to do is just find something else to do to keep your mind off smoking. If you're just sitting around with nothing to do all you're gonna think about is smoking and thats when you're gonna end up smoking again.

Basically stay busy to keep you're mind off weed or start drinking or smoking cigarettes, hookah, cigars, vape-cig, etc. I always found that part of me would miss the high but I would also miss the actual smoking part a lot as well.

Either way man good luck hope everything works out for you.

18. it gets better the longer you are off of it, the mental anxiety usually fades after about 2-3 weeks or so

19. E-cigs, may be you best bet.  You can even get marijuana flavoured juices.

20. #20 bonginthebathroom, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    I feel your pain man, I'm only on a week long detox and so far it's caused me to mess up my own sleeping pattern and become irritable.

1. It comes down to being productive, being productive all day will keep you from thoughts of smoking and the satisfaction of completing tasks should give you a kick. It's not the same as being high, but being happy with life and yourself is the closest you can get without substances.
    2. I make lists when I need to kill time. You could make lists of things/music/movies you love, lists of the things you haven't yet tried that you want to etc, etc. Most important of all, a list of shit you need to get done, you'll feel satisfied seeing the items on the list being ticked off. Keep this list updated, no matter how mundane the tasks are, you want to prove to yourself that you're being efficient with your time and that you don't need to be high to get by.
    3. Make plans for day trips/creative projects. Spend your free time planning in advance to ensure everything works out great, it may propel you to continue doing that type of thing in the future.
    4. Get really passionate about something, whatever it may be, just sit back and discover something with a sober mind.
    5. Most important of all, try and avoid certain habits and routines you associate with smoking, in my case, that means no more watching Marijuana Man videos on youtube hahaha