Have to move plants outdoors!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cphinman, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Ok so this is my first grow and now that they are going good my wife is bugging out about my daughters finding out yada yada no biggie. But they are just starting to look good and now I have to bring them outside. It's several days from fall now and about 12 hrs of daylight where I am. Normal light period inside its 5pm to 11am so it will be getting light when it's used to rest. I know it's going to stress them completely. Just wondering if I should find a spot and I get what I get or try and brace them somehow for a couple days. Maybe do nutrients to prepare for flower.. any tips appreciated ASAP. Thanks in advance. Here's a pic too for the hell of it.

Attached Files:

2. You don' give it flower nutes until its been flowering for 2-4 weeks .
    Your plants are pretty small and 12 hrs should get them flowering ., so they won't get much bigger.
    I would think you'd put them out near dark time .

3. Damn bro that sucks!! I don't have any advice to give as Im not too qualified in the growing scene yet....i currently have my feet in, getting ready to dive in completely. I have my girl inside now too and would be DEVASTATED in my ole lady said I had to COMPLETELY change my/ITS growing patterns and habits and just "throw it ouside" so I feel for ya!!! No way to try ONE last NON HEATED convo to make your point cross the winning line? Good luck bro. I hope you get the advice you need or your wife comes around and lets you keep it inside!!

4. Yeah it's definitely a bummer. Shared custody on kids and it's hard enough for us to get them as it is and if anyone found out we might not see them. So it's a no brainer they have to go. But eventually there will plenty of time to try again maybe when it's legal. Lol. But yes my plan is to take a hike at night and put them where people don't go and hope for the best. Probably not much else I can do.

5. OHHHHH yeah for sure....with all of that going on IT IS a no brainer...and IM GLAD you realize that! Well at least you know YOU CAN grow them....when the time comes you can have your hand at it again, and in the mean time you can RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH and make your future plants even bigger! Sorry about your situation bro but good luck to ya

6. Thanks guys. Yeah I have ten gem seeds lad white widow and a few others that I will get a little practice for an outdoor setup next year...

7. 10 fem seeds lsd*

8. Toss em outside they will be fine if its gonna stay non frosty where your at. Find a spot that will get direct sun if ya can. Go guerrilla and youll be stoked no matter what.

9. Shouldn't be a frost for at least 1 month.

10. I veg indoors and flower outside.

The plants will be fine, just make sure to throw them out to match the light or dark cycle.

Best bet would to put them outside to extend the dark cycle. It's OK if they are in dark 24 hours.

11. I would put them in an area where they will be shaded from direct sun for the first day or 2 and let them adjust before leaving them in the direct sun, that may help them not be so stressed IMO....

12. Shade from direct sun is good advice. I've also seen people have issues with the stems snapping as the wind outside is more than the indoor grown stems can handle. Outdoor plants usually have thicker "trunks" and "branches" than their indoor counterparts.

13. Well I went a head and threw them into direct sunlight because I was trying to get in and out real quick during the drop off. Stem are thick is fuck for the size of the plant and they have acted as if this is where they wanted to be all along. Stain is columbian gold that has been crossed with an indica because they are short and bushy as fuck. Anyways they look better now than they have since I found them in an 1/8 I got from the dispensary. I'll try to get some pics eventually. I don't go with my phone. Hopefully New England will give me a break and won't have any frost for another month or so. But non the less they look happy.

14. IMG_1857.JPG IMG_1858.JPG IMG_1856.JPG Check out these sweet pictures I found online. This person has at least one female. And if they are located anywhere near me there won't be a frost for at least one more month...

15. IMG_1878.JPG This is from last week
    IMG_1898.JPG
    This is from yesterday

Ok so if anyone is still getting notifications. They have been outside for almost a month. And they are strong and getting bigger and healthy. Smelling great. But frost is here. They are relatively near a river so it tends not to frost as easily as other places. But no flowers no pre flowers and I'm wondering if I should cut my losses or create some sort of greenhouse for them to get another month of time.

16. They take about a month to start flowering after thrown outside. I had one placed outside 9/11 and didn't flower until 10/10.

But you still got atleast 8-10 weeks after that putting you into December. You may wanna start building that green house now

17. Yeah. It's not big deal if nothing happens I've really just been doing this for the fun of it. And when I say greenhouse I mean I tiny hut out in the woods. Would it really keep it warm enough over night and keep them from freezing?

18. I have heard of people throwing a sheet over them at night and helps with frost. But a small hit May still work too

19. I thought about a few 2x4s stuck in the ground wrapped in clear vinyl. But then air flow problems cross my mind.

20. That and how easily they would be spotted from above. But I think most aerial searching is done by now.