Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

have to do a drug test for my new job

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by imap, Feb 3, 2009.

1. i have to do a hair drug test for the job i am going to be getting. 1 big problem. i most definitely will fail. they said they will snip some hair from the back of my head.

i had a friend that said he knew how to break the hair test.

i absolutely will not bleach my hair to get around the test.

please help!!

2. Nothing blocks or masks a hair test anyways. Bleaching it certainly doesn't these days. It's the hardest test to get around and the only real guarantee is not smoking for 2 or 3 months and keeping it short before the test.

3. #3 imap, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    it's short. i smoked very heavily during x-mas and a week after. nothing since. i dunno if it will show up.

4. #5 imap, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    according to what i have read, my hair has grown 0.4724 inches since i last smoked. so i think my hair will need to be shorter than that. i think it already is. but just to be safe, i think i might cut it down to .2 inches.

5. Buzz it? I mean, if you REALLY want that job.

6. If the hair on the head isn't long enough they take hair from other parts of the body.

Don't waste money on 'detox shampoos' either, those products do not work and are basically scams.

7. ^word, most labs require anywhere from .5 inches to 1.5 inches as a safeguard to your buzzcut idea. it's bullshit that they can test back 1-3 months, but that's how the die falls for now...

this article might give you some hope though:
    http://www.norml.org/pdf_files/Review_biologic_matrices_indicators_cannabis_use.pdf

pretty much what i gleaned is that both thc and and carboxy-thc (which is the metabolite they test for) aren't detected in hair very well. i'd maybe cut it to a little under an inch and a half - that'll get rid of more contaminated hair and lower the concentration versus giving them longer hair with more thc.

8. maybe even an inch, but that might be cutting it close - i can't see any good coming from them testing your body hair instead