Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have the flu, have to stop smoking for a bit.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by richards18, Dec 7, 2009.

1. I smoke to fall asleep, so I guess you can say I use bud medicinally. Problem is that I have the flu right now (no, not Swine Flu) and it kills be to smoke. I haven't slept much the past two days with out my medicine and my question is:
    What are alternative ways that you've found to help with sleeping?

2. Agh, I feel ya man. I was there last week.....pretty positive I gave myself broncitis because I didn't quit smoking. So yeah you're right on about taking a break. As for sleeping, melatonin and valerian root are two supplements that you can get at just about any grocery store that work well for me. And if you've got the flu, nyquil always helps me at night. Feel better!

3. you could always cook some edibles.. check out the edibles area of the forums..

4. Valerian Root knocks me the FUCK out. Like above said, you can get 'em at an herbery etc but that shit smells so bad, just a warning.

Feel better, man.

5. Thanks. I've never heard of this stuff, about how much does it cost?

6. Edibles have never really gotten me tired :confused_2:

7. When I had the flu I used a lightbulb vape and it wasn't that painful to inhale/hold(just slightly warmer air). Then I felt so much better. Maybe you should try it?

8. I just get some melatonin when im sick. These are the natural chemicals that your brain releases to tell your body its time to sleep. They are cheap, and you get them at any vitamin store.

9. Haha yeah I had the flu and I kept smoking lots of blunts and stuff... On the one hand I got REALLY high for some reason (the fever maybe?) On the other hand I fucked my lungs for a while...

10. Had the flu roughly a month ago, I wanted to smoke a bowl so badly, but my throat was killing me. Last couple days of my flu I started to use my vape, but it wasn't that great of high and I still felt mildly shitty.