have spider mites, help with neem oil needed

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by wub, Mar 9, 2009.

1. hi,
    i have a couple of spider mites crawling around in my soil and my plant is two weeks old just a small sprout and i found in my garage a product called eco- neem and im assuming its the same a neem oil. the active ingrident is azadirachta indica extract or something. but on the back it says do not use for plants that produce food for human or animal consumption. so yeah i dont wanna die so any help will be appreciated:smoke:

2. Dilute neem oil with water according to directions on bottle, and use a wetting agent (surfactant) with it. Weting agents break the surface tension of the water so it coats leaves evenly rather than beading up. Even dish soap can be used if you don't have a hydro store in your town. If you do, you can get AN's Wet Betty, or DutchMasters Penetrator, or a product called Agri2. Spray the under sides of leaves on entire plant twice a week for entire veg cycle to keep mites and their eggs under control. When you change light cycle to 12/12, you can continue this treatment until flowers begin to form, but you don't want to spray it on the flowers.

I recommend getting a HOT SHOT NO PEST STRIP and hang it in the grow space along with the neem treatment. They're about 6 bucks at Lowes or Home Depot, and will keep the bugs dead through harvest. Good luck, and let me know if you have any more questions.

3. thankyou very much for your advice. highly appreciated :D