have seeds in some but not others

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by prawnski, Mar 28, 2013.

1. I just harvested my first crop an grew 4 different strain to see which one I liked better. some of my plants went to seed but others did not,,,just wondering why,,,its probablysimple and I could look up why but this is more fun...lol any reply is appreciated...oh yeah..not a full seed just the outer shell

2. Did you run any p k boosters during bloom? Some strains or certain unstable genetics can get too stressed from high amounts of potassium and phosphorous and produce a few male flowers towards the end of the cycle. Now you know if you grow that strain again to be a little lighter on nutes.

3. Were all these plants grown together? Would think if some had seeds all of them would.

4. Thats what I assumed. That if some seeded, all would. I had a similar situation . Out of seven plants only 2 plants had seed. Not a lot but one or 2 per bud. And even with seed, the finished product was killer. Very intense and lasting high. They were put through quite a bit of stress, as I became Ill with the flu, and broncitis and a solid week went by before I could get out of bed to attend to them. When I finally did, nearly all DWC buckets were empty. I had 12 initially but lost 5 and the 7 that survived never did completly recoup.

5. Did any of the plants have any signs of nanners??