Have question about lighting please help

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Z1990, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Ok so i have had the two cfls on the dual socket the whole time and my babies have loved them so far. But i have seven cups amd it makes it hard to set them where there all getting close to the same light so i added a 3rd cfl is this too much at this point? There just your normal everyday walmart cfls about 4 or 5 inches away from the tops of plants. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.. heres a pic of my little setup im using for now til i re pot them.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

2. Rotate the plants daily checking for bugs etc

will prevent the plant leaning one way or the other

tho cfl's do work a bigger grunty light is required later

time to start saving

keep a temp and Rh gauge close

good luck

3. Thanks. Yea i have been rotating them daily about 4th of a turn each. Last night i did see a tiny bug in one of the cups im thinking its a fungas knat because i was watering a bit to much. Now im letting it dry up between watering and only watering til ot starts draining and using room temp bottled water on them. Soil has nutes in it and im not adding any at this point have a fan in the back blowimg in the top of the back amd holes drilled at the bottom Im thinking next time i water i might use 1 part peroxide 5 part water for good measure to kill any lavae. I have a temp and humidity guage but no ph meter or strips or any up or down

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

4. to my profile for some free weed books

https://forum.grasscity.com/members/vostok.117494/

good luck

5. I’m not yet we’ll versed in soil but I do know a thing or two about vegging with CFLs. First legal grow will show you my results. I would up your wattage by at least 4x. Get ready to hang 4ft fluorescent tubes and clipped Y splitters abound. Color temperature is a biggie as well as overall wattage. If you have questions shoot me a message in my journal; I’m an open book.