Have I over watered my girls???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Turtle1980, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Just wondering if I over watered my girls!

Attached Files:

2. They're droopy but overwatering isn't a big issue since they will eventually dry out. I only water when the soil is dry af and brittle almost like dusty looking.

3. That's how I water them too...it's my first time growing so I get nervous about them easily lol...I wasn't sure if ithey were over watered or stress from bringing them into my tent with a 1000 watt MH and having the top of the canopy at 18" or so but have since backed them down away from it to about 24" or so! Hopefully they will bounce back by tomorrow!

4. And they were started under T5'S.

5. Oh ok, I've only used cfls and Leds so idk if light distance was the issue but if you're watering only when completely dry overwatering shouldn't be an issue. Plants looks nice and healthy seems like you have a good grasp on things.

6. I'm tryin lol...I'm all over the Web right now trying to c if they r over watered, light stressed or even under watered...but I highly doubt that...hopefully they will be back to normal by tomorrow morning...I have 4 going and those r the only 2 drooping!

7. Lol yea man those plants like perfectly fine to me besides the dropping, play w the light distance and I think you're good to go.

8. I appreciate it man...I'm tryin...and hopefully dropping them from the 18" from the light to the canopy to 24" will do the trick...if not U will c me up here alot more lol...anyway I appreciate it man and I hope U have a good night!

9. Same bro good luck post and questions you have there are some real helpful people here

• Like Like x 1
  10. Don't dry your soil out to a crisp. Totally unnecessary. Plants just can't be in mucky wet soil constanly, cutting off oxygen to the roots. Drying the soil out to dust is just constantly putting your plants through stress, catching up, stress catching up. Plus dry soil kills any beneficial micro organisms, then they need to rebuild. I used to do that, then I learned how to properly keep the soil lightly moist and my plants took off faster then ever before. Lots of growers including myself, use sips (sub irrigated planters)in order to maintain that lightly moist healthy soil.

11. Thanks for that info man...and I didn't mean I let them dry all the way but the top inch or so does get dry before I water them usually every 3 days...and I will have to check into those sips U r talking about!

12. Damn I never had an issue with letting mine dry like that but I'm definitely willing to try anything that helps them grow faster lol I will be looking into sips!

13. Could you upload a pic of your SIP please. ..I have been lookin online for awhile now and there are so many different kinds....I just want to get a good one!

14. #14 killset, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    The way you guys were making it sound it was like the Sahara desert up in there.

Sips are pretty simple, theres lots of ways to make them. Some make a resivior at the bottom of a hard container. I do about as basic style as it gets. Crush up some lava rock, throw it in some sort of container and put a fabric container on top like a smart pot. Water transfers up through the lava rock and into the soil. Roots will also grow down into the water for a sip. My 5 gallon smarties sit perfectly on top of cheap ass oil drain pans sold in any automotive store for like $4. My larger containers sit on top of whatever I can find. If the fabric container doesn't fit nicely across the top of the resivior, I drape gardening cloth over the lava rocks to keep the light out.

When I grew with bottled nutes I would let the resivior run out of water, feed the plants not having any run off so it wouldn't contaminate the resivior. Then refill the resivior to about an inch under the smart pot

I grow organic no tills now so it's even easier....just add water and forget about it. My largest sips are great for going on vacations and such. They hold enough water that it takes a week or so for a good sized plant to use. Then the soil will stay moist a few more days + if needed they can go without a drink for a couple more days. So if I need to I can be gone up to around 2 weeks. I'm gone alot for work so this is very handy. The smaller oil drain pans I'm good for a week on a mature plant. It will be drained but the soil will still be lightly moist

Use lots of aeriation admendments in your soil. Even crush up some of the lava rock or sand. I have several kinds of aeriation admendments in my soil. Fun way to crush lava rocks.. leave them in the bag, place on concrete drive, smash the shit out of the with your truck or whatever vehicle. The bag will get tore up but holds together long enough to keep the rocks in a pile for smashing

Attached Files:

15. lol I'm not gonna lie my pots get dry af to basically no weight when I lift them. I like your sip, easy and I already have everything I need. I actually added lava rocks to my soil and have some left over. Thanks for the tip!! Il put it together tomorrow

16. Pretty sure I figured out my little problem with my girls (rootbound)...so I will be transplanting into 5 gallon pots tonight!