Have I lost my shit?

Discussion in 'General' started by lostonthetoad, Jan 3, 2016.

1. So me and my friends have been smoking up for many, many years now but the last 1-2 years it has been getting to the point where we kill a spliff and instantly light another. This is all the time when we hang out and that's every day more or less for years now.
    Because someone always feels like rolling or smoking another joint (spliff but we call them joints in the uk) and no one ever complains at another joint we've became "hogs" as we like to refer to it as ha.
    So anyway I'm currently going nowhere in life apart from to my dealers 24/7 420days a week.
    I know these are my issues and not everyones experience with weed, but smoking weed the way I do is perpetuating my negative personality traits.
    So anyway I've decided that this has to stop and I must progress as an actual real person and not just a weed smoking zombie. Although I do love weed very very much. It has consumed me and my friends and that's just stupid because, well, it's just weed.
    So I've been thinking of how I can keep a balance and still enjoy smoking weed but also start being something more than just another stoner and that being as deep of a person as I am.
    So I was thinking of only smoking on Saturday and Sunday. But I find it really hard to go 5 sober days. So I figured Id kick the tobacco as we're just as addicted to the process of getting high as to being high itself. Yeah pure joints from now on. Then I figured this would be more expensive if I don't pace myself properly with weed. So I bought some high end mids and smoked weighed out joints and noted everything down inc when i could smoke a joint but don't need a joint, when I would like a joint and when I need a joint. So I worked out a bit of a rule as I noticed a pattern with every increase dose of weed per head (obviously hah). This was roughly a 25 minute (rounded up or down) average for every 0.05G increase of weed per head.
    There were however some variables and minor inconsistencies in the data. I figured that a .5G personal joint wouldn't get you high for exactly the same period of time on 2 separate occasions. This being down to 1st joint of the day, fatigue, tolerance, grade/quality of weed etc.
    So I worked out a 20% minimum and maximum time scale around the averages.
    This means if I wait till the minimum time after that dosage (trust me I'll still be really nice high) I can indulge in another joint if I wish.
    If I wait till the average time after finishing my last joint then I'll still be high but could realistically smoke a joint without being ridiculous.
    If I wait till the maximum time then I've been pretty damn controlled and I'll reward myself with a joint.
    My thoughts are that because I won't be smoking tobacco or smoking joints back to back religiously anymore it should be easier to keep it to 2 days a week and thus less mentally addictive.
    I explained this to my friends and they seem to think I've over thought all of this. I don't think they like it because it isn't quite as compatible with the way that they want to smoke, making things a bit more awkward, but I'm just trying to go about something that's a big part of my life in a better way. I know that I should just not be a mong and have willpower but I feel like if I don't control my weed habit it controls me.
    I'm not sure what I'm even asking here I just want to know your thoughts on all this, I'm pretty high and it's 7am so sorry If some parts don't make sense.
    This is a copy of my notepad file of my finished recordings so you can get an understanding:

Pure joints - Blues
    ----------------------------------
    1 person:

Pipe/bong:
    0.05G W - 25 avg (20 - 30)
    0.1G W - 50 avg (40 - 1:00)
    0.15G W - 1:15 avg (1:00 - 1:30)
    0.2G W - 1:40 avg (1:20 - 2:00)

Joint:
    0.35G W - 2:50 avg (2:15 - 3:25)
    0.4G W - 3:15 avg (2:25 - 3:55)
    0.45G W - 3:40 avg (2:45 - 4:25)
    0.5G W - 4:05 avg (3:05 - 4:55)

2 people:
    0.4G W - 1:35 avg (1:15 - 1:55)
    0.5G W - 2:00 avg (1:35 - 2:25)
    0.6G W - 2:25 avg (1:55 - 2:55)
    0.7G W - 2:50 avg (2:15 - 3:25)
    0.8G W - 3:15 avg (2:25 - 3:55
    0.9G W - 3:40 avg (2:45 - 4:25)
    1G W - 4:05 avg (3:05 - 4:55)

3 people:
    0.6G W - 1:35 avg (1:15 - 1:55)
    0.75G W - 2:00 avg (1:35 - 2:25)
    0.9G W - 2:25 avg (1:55 - 2:55)
    1.05G W - 2:50 avg (2:15 - 3:25)
    1.2G W - 3:15 avg (2:25 - 3:55)
    1.35G W - 3:40 avg (2:45 - 4:25)
    1.5G W - 4:05 avg (3:05 - 4:55)

4 people:
    0.8G W - 1:35 avg (1:15 - 1:55)
    1G W - 2:00 avg (1:35 - 2:25)
    1.2G W - 2:25 avg (1:55 - 2:55)
    1.4G W - 2:50 avg (2:15 - 3:25)
    1.6G W - 3:15 avg (2:25 - 3:55)
    1.8G W - 3:40 avg (2:45 - 4:25)
    2G W - 4:05 avg (3:05 - 4:55)

It's dosage and time scale
    E.G "0.1G W - 50 avg (40 - 1:00)"
    means 0.1G worth of weed should last 50 minutes but I need to wait for a minimum of 40 minutes but a maximum of a hour for another joint/bong etc.

Thank you so much for reading 'cause I know in a way I'm just talking shit right now but this is could be a big change in my life so it was itching my brain as to if I'm going about this right or not.

Looking forward to being part of the community.
    -The Toad

2. #2 Serapsis, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2016
    Sup Marilyn Manson?
    To much math for me right now.

As for you being a "zombie", just moderate...
    there always needs to be a balance, to much of a good thing can throw you into routines that can be hard to break.

3. It's a sad life when it's just you and weed. I know. Or something, I dunno, all I know is that it's about the only thing I'm staying alive for.

4. Hah I look different now but couldn't find an image small enough to replace it without effort.
    Yeah I know mate I just struggle with willpower and I have depression and things become cycles for me. These probably seem really easy to break free from but for me they aren't.
    I'd like to hope one day I will be a person that can live with consistent moderation either sober or under the influence but that day is not this day.
    Yeah I agree. I think that balance is the key to pretty much everything in life, I'm just not very good at it. I know the importance of it though so that's a start.

5. Weed > 99% of life.
    Sorry to hear you feel that way man. Life sucks huh, it can only get better :)

6. You can do drugs, but don't let the drugs do you.

7. I've gone without weed for 3 weeks now. I haven't been drinking that much alcohol, either - last night I only had half a can of beer, just cause I wanted to fall asleep quicker.. and couldn't be bothered to finish the rest.

I can't really say I feel any better - I've been wrestling with waves of suicidal and self-destructive thoughts coming from random directions.... so maybe quitting drugs is over-rated, after all?

Either way, I didn't force myself to quit weed. I just don't feel the need to have to pay for some dried crumbs of plant material. Plus, it gets boring if you do it every day in a row.. so you're only wasting your money if you're going to smoke to the point of developing high tolerance.

8. WRONG :D

9. 1st world problems.

good luck with all that

yes. if you use less, you will retain more... brilliant.

Attached Files:

10. you've got to learn how to live and enjoy life sober in order to overcome these problems you are talking about.
    But I am not the one to give advice on this topic because I have not achieved complete sobriety in many years

11. That post hurt my brain. Youre over thinking it. If you feel like you smoke too much just ease up a little. Find something else to do when you feel like snoking and space out your smoke seshes.

12. Holy fuck dude. That's a lot of thought into cutting back on weed. Just do what I do and smoke at night. Sure I love weed and I'd love to feel like this (pretty baked right now) all the time, but......well like you said, it's "just weed". I'd imagine it kind of loses it's magic if you're baked ALL the time, and from the sounds of it you are. Shit, I almost never even think of weed during the day anymore. You've still gotta take care of business, you know what I mean?

13. conservatives be like.... savings?

[​IMG]