Have I killed my seedling?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tokingandpoking, Mar 29, 2013.

1. On march 8th my bag seed sprouted. I started it between paper towels and had a taproot in less than 24 hrs. Placed immediately into a peat pot filled with fox farm ocean forest. Had it under 75 watt equivalent cfl until yesterday I decided to beef up my set up (somewhat). I suspected that the jiffy pot was messing with the pH a bit so I got about a 3 gallon pot and 4 120 watt equiv CFLs with 5000k daylight spectrum. I transplanted into fresh fox farm ocean forest with a couple pinches of bonemeal mixed in. Hoping this would help, about 12 hrs later my plant looks worse. Here is some pictures of the seedlings development. The worse one is from this a.m. Any thoughts? I'm hoping that the first set of leaves were just too damaged from pH issues (twisting, yellow leaves with brown spots). Also thinking maybe the shock from transplanting will make recovery slow at first. Input?

ForumRunner_20130329_082302.png

ForumRunner_20130329_082233.png

ForumRunner_20130329_082344.png

ForumRunner_20130329_082324.png

Productive smoking is key to your enjoyment of the herb

2. She has an issue you need to rectify. Observe below:

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/226015-when-posting-your-sick-plants-questions.html

3. flash it with plain water and change the soil! i dont think its like the bone meal you gave it, as a seedling u dnt give it any ferts yet, plain water for the first week, then try some ferts

4. Turn off your lights post another picture and besides that do not do anything to the plant

5. What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Fox farm OF
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Unknown
    How old are the plants? 25 days
    What type of lights and how many watts? CFL (120 w equivalent)
    How far from the lights? 3-4 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Tap water (was once a day, backed off a few days ago)
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Never
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? N/A
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 68-72 degrees F
    What size pots? Had it in small jiffy pot now its in a 3 gal
    Any bugs? Have seen a ladybug and a tiny little beetle looking thing in the grow room but haven't seen them on my plant
    Any other pertinent info? Had it in a jiffy pot for first couple weeks under much weaker 75 watt equiv cfl then transplanted into 3 gallon pot yesterday

6. If you just tranplanted into another container with fresh soil yesterday, wait and see what your growth is, and see if she'll recover shortly. I'm like you, I think your PH may have been a bit skewed. You had been watering to frequently, but next time it needs water, drench the substrate with 6.5 PH'd water and PH the first bit of run-off to make sure your PH is not skewed. Fox Farm says they're soil is PH'd @ 6.3 to 6.8. Give it time for improvement, and no more meal or anything for a while.

7. Update: seedling appears to be going down hill :( 2nd day since changing soil and moving out of jiffy pot to larger pot

ForumRunner_20130331_064642.png

8. Next time don't transplant into bigger containers, it make it difficult to rectify any given issue. Plants should stay in a smaller growing pot so if something goes amiss you can flush and measure PH run-off to fix any issue.

9. Lol, I got chewed out by giving the same advice to someone, but its exactly what you would want to do. Jokes on him tho I'm still laughing about it while he remains an ignorant stupid grower...

Btw plant looks like its getting better, but since its in a larger pot now its growth will be stunted for a lil while cus it wasn't rdy for the larger pot just yet. Now just feed it when it needs water, usually for me its once every three days. If you had a smaller pot I would say daily or every other day feeds. I'll get some pics up.

10. Just to give you some ideas...

ForumRunner_20130331_091159.png

ForumRunner_20130331_091221.png

ForumRunner_20130331_091249.png

11. Lol, I got chewed out by giving the same advice to someone, but its exactly what you would want to do. Jokes on him tho I'm still laughing about it while he remains an ignorant stupid grower...

Btw plant looks like its getting better, but since its in a larger pot now its growth will be stunted for a lil while cus it wasn't rdy for the larger pot just yet. Now just feed it when it needs water, usually for me its once every three days. If you had a smaller pot I would say daily or every other day feeds. I'll get some pics up.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did notice that growth slowed a bit. Past couple days it looks like its just dying. The first set of leaves is crumpled up and now the second set is looking horriblr , but the 3rd set look OK just yellowed tips slightly. And there's new growth appearing to come from the center. The plant has looked this way for a couple days. Do you think my seedling will make it? When should I start with nutes?

12. Yes I did notice that growth slowed a bit. Past couple days it looks like its just dying. The first set of leaves is crumpled up and now the second set is looking horriblr , but the 3rd set look OK just yellowed tips slightly. And there's new growth appearing to come from the center. The plant has looked this way for a couple days. Do you think my seedling will make it? When should I start with nutes?

13. No nuts right now just water for the next week to two weeks. Make sure u have at least a few more nodes to ensure she's gonna be strong enough to Handel it. Ur in soil right so their are already trace amounts of nutes within the soil. Hope this helps.

14. Ok I'll hold off then and see what happens. Its looking better today. The intact parts of the second set of leaves were a very light green before but the healthy parts of the leaves are darkening up a bit and the new growth looks healthy. Think this seedling might be saved?

IMG_20130401_134602.jpg

15. Its OK as long as u have one green leaf u can get her to come back.

16. I'm going through a battle with my first plant too! Good luck!

17. Update: one of the withered up leaves fell off I'm assuming this is ok? My baby is starting to pick up speed again and looks healthy to me. What do you think?

ForumRunner_20130405_052930.png

18. Now that's healthy. Not only that but I see new growth coming in. Great job, now this will be one of many challenges that will be soon to come and that's why we are here to help.

19. I've actually got one more question for you. It looks like my seedling might be showing its sex already? Is this even possible for its size? Here's some pictures that show it well.

ForumRunner_20130406_094508.png

ForumRunner_20130406_094522.png

20. What's your lighting schedule?