Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have I built a tolerance?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lakamakashaka, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Alright guys, so I am definitely new to this forum so hopefully I am doing the right thing. But basically I wanted to talk about my high. (I am going to leave out the details through my trips so if it seems choppy, I apologize.) And I am thankful for any of you taking the time to read through this with suggestions. Thanks. :)

Question:
    So my question is, what could have happened to this intense high I had? Do you guys feel the same high or is it slightly less than mine? Do you think it maybe because I don't focus on the trip anymore? Is it my tolerance? Is this new weed bad quality? Is my lighter burning too much of the weed that I am not inhaling? I also drink a lot of water, can this cause the high to be diminished? These are my questions and I know this thread was long. I am thankful for your thoughts again. :)

Background:
    I generally smoke on weekends as a way to relax and reward myself for all the work I have done in school. I love sneaking out the house late at night and realizing that I am going to enjoy a nice bowl. Totally the best time of my life! So basically I have smoked several times now. I have had weed from two different vendors so I have only really tried two types of weed from my understanding. 

So lets back track for a second though. My second time smoking weed, I only smoked a little bit of one bowl, and I got a pretty good high. But then my parents came home so I quickly ran to my room and closed the door in an attempt to make it look like I was sleeping. My paranoia definitely went down because I felt safe in my room. Plus my sister was with me (as she was an experienced smoker and she smoked with me too). So we talked a little bit about tarot card reading (which is a lot of fun), then I decided to take out my headphones and listen to some Pink Floyd. It was at this moment that I went from high, to euphoria. As I was listening to the music, I could see shapes all of these different colors with eyes closed. They were not very vivid and I wasn't expecting that, but it was insane how I could essentially see the music. And even the sound seemed to have transformed. Listening to it felt like I was in a world of only music. I felt that I had entered a musical landscape that played all of these crazy vibrations and it was all in 3D. I felt as if I entered a new dimension of my subconscious and it felt amazing. Then I fell asleep and so on. 

So now comes the third/fourth time I smoked. At this point I was still using the same stash and it has been about a week or so from the last time I smoked. I was alone this time (I prefer it this way as I focus more on the trip) and I smoked a good two full bowls (more than ever before). After I finished, I decided to walk home. The place I smoke is a very secluded area of a trail. So I have to walk down the trail onto the street that leads to my house. As I was walking, it felt as if the trail was just going on and on forever. I felt as if it would never end, but I still loved the feeling of walking with my limbs just floating off like an octopuses tentacles. Plus it was at night, and I always love it at night. Just me, myself, and some some Mary Jane. Then I came home and went straight to my bed, not to sleep, but to lie down and listen to music. I lay still for a while completely still, and then it hit me so nice and softly I couldn't believe it. As I was listening to the music, I felt like I was actually flying. It is really hard to explain what it was really like, but basically I felt that i have been laying on a cloud. The music had been shaping the cloud underneath me and I was in a new mystical land of vibrations. And this time the colors and shapes that appeared were more prominent. And the music within my headphones made me feel like I have entered a forest that just had positive vibes everywhere. I felt soooooo freaking good. Then, I started to sober up, and now this leads to my question. 

So now lets move to the present, I have finished my first stash. I have found another vendor and am using a stronger lighter (BIC) to fight the wind as I smoke outside. I smoke nearly two or three bowls of the new weed, but my highs are not so intense anymore. It takes a while for it to set in, and that feeling of flying is very vague in a sense. I may feel it, but then it goes away after about 5 minutes. And the sounds, they aren't so out of this world anymore. I actually know exactly where I am. Its almost as if I am sober as I smoke. I do it with a friend of mine sometimes, so instead of focusing on relaxing, I focus on talking and doing things with him. It just doesn't feel the same anymore.

Question:
    So my question is, what could have happened to this intense high I had? Do you guys feel the same high or is it slightly less than mine? Do you think it maybe because I don't focus on the trip anymore? Is it my tolerance? Is this new weed bad quality? Is my lighter burning too much of the weed that I am not inhaling? I also drink a lot of water, can this cause the high to be diminished? These are my questions and I know this thread was long. I am thankful for your thoughts again. :)

2. Easy to understand for trolls; it was laced.

3. Do yourself a favor. Don't make your smoking into rocket science. If you only smoke on the weekends, you should have a 0 tolerance and it should hit you like a mac truck. I have reduced my smoking to weekends only now too. That first high is always undoubtedly the strongest. I have never had a problem with intensity. Ever. And i have been smoking for over 40 years. It has nothing to do with water or how your lighter is burning it.
      OP , you also sound like you are underage, hiding from your parents.

Good luck.

4. You don't find it strange this question was asked dozens of times by new members, in slightly different ways?

5. #5 lakamakashaka, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    Why do you have to make a comment about my age? I am a college student by the way so hopefully that makes you feel better. However, I am thankful for your reply. Problem was that it did not hit me like a Mac Truck. So I am going to assume that this new weed is really low-quality material. And thanks Sleepingblade! Plus, I am a BIO major so I kind of take these little things into consideration.