Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have Favorite Coffee Shop In Amsterdam?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by circle42, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Hey Everybody!! (bolded text is the important text if you don't wanna read it all lol)

After doing a quick forum search, I couldn't find any recent threads about this topic so I figured I would bring it up since I will be enjoying my first Amsterdam experience in about a week (July 6th-9th). 

I am currently studying International Business in Berlin and have been enjoying "tourist bud" here as it is easy to get, cheap, and fairly decent.  It's not swag or mids but its not some good nugs either, it is jut decent.

140.JPG (example of some Berlin "tourist weed")

Anyways, I have been traveling Europe mostly on my weekends (I am from America, so this is my "eurotrip" inside a study abroad experience) and I have smoked weed in every country I have been in so far!  I had my first coffee shop experience in Barcelona and my first really shady deal on the streets of Prague with some Ukranians!  All in all it has been a great 6 months in Europe, but before I go back to the states, my last stop will be in Amsterdam.  I wanna do it right, so i come to you knowledgable people!

I have done my research and have a fairly good idea where I wanna go and what I wanna smoke, but I just want to here from all you other experts on the subject,

Which Coffee shop(s) is/are your favorite in Amsterdam, and if you remember, did you smoke any strains (buds or hash) you would consider a must try!?

Also, was there any must do, must eat, must see sights you experienced!?

Thank you for any and all your help, I look forward to hearing your idea's and opinions and I can't wait to experience Amsterdam!

2. The Central right across from Central station 0.jpg

Stay away from the tourist traps Bulldog coffeshops,Dampkring

3. And check out Sensi seeds shop and their display grow

229219_1022308083343_8508_n.jpg
    228099_1022323203721_8508_n.jpg

4. #4 walterbishop, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014
    I like the bud available at Grey Area personally. Lots of stuff from DNA Genetics.

Though be forewarned, it' a very small space. Hanging out there is not really super comfortable. But the bud is top notch.

I like all the LA Confidential variations, Chocolope (and it's variations) too.

I have heard Bulldog is a tourist trap, and I will check out the Central!  Thanks!

Have Sensi seeds shop on my list of places to visit!

Thanks for the recommendations!  I can't wait to give them all a try!

6. Dont get me wrong the Bulldog hotel is a fantastic place to stay and i recommend it a 100%,but steer clear of their coffeeshops
    www.bulldoghotel.com/

7. #7 circle42, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014
    I'll be staying just outside of the City in a hostel/RV park type place called Luck Lake Hostel (www.luckylake.nl)!  But I will be enjoying my days in the city, and my evenings on the lake (weather permitting) or at least walking around their trails!

8. it is considered quite touristy but i like Dampkring, specifically their ceres hilton. Paradox and basjoe are great for edibles (and basjoe is great in general, id check it out) 

9. I am going next year and I appreciate the recs. I wish I could save this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Keep this link bookmarked
    http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/

11. Having a seed company in Holland,I spend half my time in Amsterdam and the other half visiting my kids in Australia.
    Our apartment in Holland is just around the corner from the Nirvana seed shop just on the edge of the Red light district,its a fun place but sometimes it can get abit much,so your choice of staying just outside the city in my opinion is a good move,

12. I'm jealous of everyone right now

That's awesome in itself though!  I would have enjoyed stayin in the city, but I chose to save money on accomodation so I oculd spend more in the coffee shops and such.  But I do plan on picking up some seeds while I am there, so maybe i'll see ya! (assuming Sensi Seeds is your shop!?)  Also, as I am a grower back home, I would like to see larger production grows, like ones that supply to the coffee shops... is a tour such as this available anywhere, or could I just ask someone Or would this be too shady?

14. We wish we owned Sensi Seeds lol

As for seeing large production,i dont like your chances of that,most seed production these days takes place in Spain,But a number of different shops have grow displays.

Ah, I just assumed since you told me to visit there it was yours lol I would assume you would refer me to your own shop!  But thats cool, I just figured i'd see.  We don't have a lot of large production where I come from, mostly just 2-4 plant grows for personal use and friends!  I'd love to just walk in a warehouse with buds in the final stage of flowering and just see and smell the beauty lol I guess i'll just stick to my documentaries hahaha

16. 420 opposite the awful De Kroon

its buzzing in there and dick heads are all in the grasshoper or bulldog 

i would say it would be rude to not go to barneys and get a 5 euro thick shake ( pulp fiction) and a bag of chron

17. I like Abraxas. Kind of hidden away on a side street, but the inside of the place feels like a magical treehouse or something. Good bud (tried super silver haze, and two other strains that I don't remember the names of-wonder why lol). I had a space cake muffin too, it was delicious and got me fried as all hell. Prices are good, staff is nice, atmosphere is awesome.

18. This is where I am staying in the Deluxe private rooms in a little over a week! Can't wait to get to Amsterdam for my second time.