Have conservatives lost faith in science?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, Mar 29, 2012.

1. I do somewhat, I don't pay taxes(My money all comes from nature, mushrooms, gold), I've never taken medications, have only ever gotten one vaccine, buy my vehicle used, I could'nt care less what the system says.

2. #42 Mikeandsuch, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
    Weeds illegal because the NWO would not be possible if everyone started smoking and big pharma would lose billions. Your right though, science, on its own can be a good thing, but politics and greed has taken it over, just like everything connected to the system.

3. I'm not even going to waste my time responding to this one........lol

4. agreed

5. Proven wrong by whom? Around ninety some odd percent (close to 97%) of climatologist believe climate change is happening and it is being driven by man. That's reality, despite what that article and a few gadfly scientist say.

6. There's a difference between scientists in general and climatologist that specialize in that field. What some physicist, geologist, etc. says is irrelevant. The only climatologist that disagree with the fact that climate change is man driven are the ones that work for the petroleum industry.

7. #48 Brenjin, Apr 3, 2012
    The emails are completely taken out of context, the whole thing was just a smear campaign.

Climate change is real. The debate is over wether or not humans have anything to do with it.

Although I don't even think that's a real debate

8. #49 Mikeandsuch, Apr 3, 2012
    Let me know how being a slave works out for you. Its a shame we all have to go in to debt to the system paying for the all the carbon taxes being put on schools, gas, heat and everything else they can think up, fucking fluoride heads gotta ruin it for everyone. Even your sheeple news is reporting it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io-Tb7vTamY[/ame]

9. #50 Brenjin, Apr 3, 2012
    I'm a libertarian and I subscribe to the Austrian school of thought for economics.

Just because I'm scientifically literate and disagree with you about something doesn't mean I'm automatically a sheep.

How about you stop linking crappy videos and debunked links and Without googling, if you can, explain to me how you think the oceans play into climate change and how humans contribute to the problem...

10. What do ya know. A thread on conservatives being anti-science turned into a useless debate on global warming. What a shock.

11. wrong tree to bark up, global warming is real. all the misinformation comes from scientists basically being paid to dissent and everyone has gotten caught up in it. All the actual science points to global warming with, at minimum, human activity playing a large part.

12. Did you not click on the link I posted? :confused: They're being proved wrong by science. Do you have a problem with peer review?

Here's more: William Happer: Global Warming Models Are Wrong Again - WSJ.com

Nobody is saying climate change isn't happening, that's like saying the weather doesn't change. What is being debated is how much of an influence man has on the climate, and what will happen in the future.

13. No it doesn't. At most, human activity plays a small role.

How do you explain the world wide Medieval warming period?

14. #55 Mikeandsuch, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    The videos are crappy because they don't have a huge rockefeller budget like the pro global warming vids? Ok, buddy, you might as well sell your house and car and move into a shack somewere with no power. ITS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE THE EARTHZ GUYZZ, DAVID SUZUKI SAID SO WHEN I GAVE HIME ALL MY MONEYZ. You'd be living the trendy liberal dream.

15. #56 Brenjin, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    There was a mini ice age around 1300 ad. Obviously it was going to warm up relative to the past.

And I'll mention the oceans one more time because no one else seems to want to.

Co2 + h2o = h2co3 aka carbonic acid.

Our oceans act as a natural co2 buffer so the more co2 we pump into the atmosphere, the more we pump indirectly into the oceans.

Most ocean life as we know it cannot survive acidic conditions and start to function considerably less well in even slightly acidic environments.

Doesn't matter if you think humans aren't altering the temp of the atmosphere, we are without a doubt altering the acidity of our oceans.