have a earily flowering question?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by budtoken420, Jan 1, 2013.

1. ok so i started flower my 4 plants.. no big deal this is pretty much an experaimental grow cents this is my first indoor grow.. so there about one week and 4 days into flowering, after 36 hrs of darkness. i was just wondering if anyone could tell the sex yet or if there looking like there starting to flower.. i would appricate any help thanks.. and im only posting one plant because it was vegged a little longer than the others. thanks again

Attached Files:

2. Try to get a better pic of the main stem/limb area. I think I can see a female flower but cant be sure.

3. ok heres probably the absolute best pic i could get of the nodes...... :smoking:

Attached Files:

4. There girls for sure. Can u see any white hairs coming out the pistols yet? You can see the pistols n the pic but their hairs haven't came out yet.

chill & smoke some bud!

5. i thought the white hairs were the pistols, and the parts that i assume ur calling pistols, r called stipials (preflower) or something, that will either sprout a hair of grow into a ball sac... but im probably wrong... and no i cant c any hairs yet, and its almost at the 2 week mark

6. however some of the "pistols" do have a kinda white tint to them. But i know for sure its not a hair

7. There diffntly females give them a couple more days and u should start to see some hairs popping out and the nanners on males are dead give away the male flower has a small stem looking thing wit a seed like ball at the end. Right were your pistols are. Or n the genral area and they tend to show on the lower nodes before the top. But u don't got nothing to worry about. Ur girl looks good & healthy

chill & smoke some bud!

8. Personally, I think they look more feathery than hairlike, but whatever you call them, they are in your second closeup. I believe the pre-flowers are the little green 'hairs' around the node growing on the stem, but what indicates it's female is the off-white whispy bit that's starting to show on the little bulbous growth at the nodes. These are the hallmark of a female flower, and you should see lots popping up over the next week :)

9. #9 Growers_R_Us, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
    [quote name='"howando"']Personally, I think they look more feathery than hairlike, but whatever you call them, they are in your second closeup. I believe the pre-flowers are the little green 'hairs' around the node growing on the stem, but what indicates it's female is the off-white whispy bit that's starting to show on the little bulbous growth at the nowrdes. These are the hallmark of a female flower, and you should see lots popping up over the next week :)[/quote]

The "green hairs" are not pre-flowers they are stipules there on male and female plants. The pre-flowers are called calyx and they grow in the corners of the node which in the close up's u can cleary see them. Althouth they haven't foremd the pistils "hairs" yet. This digram should help clear it up on what your looking for.

chill & smoke some bud!

Attached Files:

10. Ah, stipules! That is a good picture! Clears everything up very nicely. Usually I've seen labelled photos which are useful but this is much clearer as a diagram. I might have to print this out, thanks.

11. thanks for the bout of confidence for my babies 42k. your really easin my mind lol

12. well 42k. u r correct sir, i dont know how i could have doubted u... i get in my grow room today and i can c little tiny hairs everywhere... as long as i look in a magnifing glass lol. but hair nun the less. thank you sir..

13. Not a problem glad to give u some help.

14. #14 budtoken420, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    ok now that the rest of my little plants r a little further along heres some pics im like 99% sure the first ones a male :(.. and im not to sure about the 2nd little one. i can kinda see hairs but i was wondering if the rest of the top looked ok or if it might be herm. i wouldnt b worried about the 2nd one except its gone through alot of stress throught its lifetime lol..
    any help whould be greatly appriceated.. thank yins

and the 3rd is of the first plant to show and also the only one that will really give me any yeld.

Attached Files: