Have a butchers. first grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by butcher87, Jun 23, 2016.

1. No I'll down load it tonight and check. I think it sounds like a desktop computer. That's what the fans are I think, computer fans

4x2 grow tent ( platinum p300 led)

• Like Like x 1
  2. That's alot more than I was hoping lol. 45 is too much damn that's made me think.

Could be cos they use multiple fans mayb.

3. Maybe it was my app because my small 6" fan was 60db and I wouldn't think that would be heard from room to room. What app are you using

4. Maybe you could build a insulated box around your tent or put it in a closet or maybe hang blankets around it to absorb some sound, you just need to keep it well ventilated

• Like Like x 1
  5. The app I used was "sound test" or "sound tester" like a fool I've uninstalled it. The pic for it was a mic square old type I think.

I think 60 is pretty high so mayb it was a false reading. There's fans available that can cut noise down to 20db I would expect platnium to have used something better than mars.

With my next grow I think I'll have a different problem. Keeping temps up without keeping my heating on which is storage heaters so ther either on and warm or off and cold. They kill the electricity.

I think it might be cheaper to just heat the tent and let the tent heat my room lol. But I'm not keen on that idea either.

I will definitely try your insulation idea tho that could help keep temps up in winter. I've done it with an aquarium once during power outage it worked very well.

Good tip mate. I'll wrap it with bubble wrap then drape over some blankets or something.

I may end up just getting another mars 48 as a back up light as I'm hoping to just use one light next time over one plant.

Lst it to make a perfect square foot cube of plant. Like auto# is now but more heads hopfully.

But have a back up light just in case.

6. When I look at triches it's cloudy everywhere with some amber and some clear.

Hairs still look long as light coloured but I don't want to wait too long I want the head buzz. Smoke a pipe then walk the dog ect.

But I also want to see the swell so right now I think I'm going to give them another 10 days then check triches.

Or mayb update in 5 days which will be week 11 of 8 week strains lol.

I'm unsure about the time line tho I'm wondering if they mean 8 weeks of flowering not 8wks from seed.

I think these are 6wks into flower as the first hairs started around week 4.

I'm nervous I'll mess up the harvest either chopping before the buds are at ther biggest, or chopping when the triches are degrading.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Next summer hopefully I'll know a place to bang my other lowryders and auto# seeds and let them grow outside.

I saw a suspicious looking lad last week trekking through stinging nettles on the parks boarder. He had a rucksack and followed the parks boarder heading into the nettles every so often.

He made me think about checking lol. Just to look tho I wouldn't steal if I found them growing.

If I do grow outdoors I know which soil I'll go with lol that organic stuff I threw out with that seedling must be a good soil since that plant looked very good especially since it was always shaded.

8. I've never grow a auto but I know them guys that do there always saying they went longer than what the broader says . 8 weeks from first hairs on photos is right so I don't see why it would be any different. Just keep a eye on the trics . If the bud is still growing then it's probably not done .

• Like Like x 1
  9. How cold does it get in your room. In the winter it gets in the 50 deg f at night in my basement so I ran the lights at night and I put a CFL in there because they run hotter and it kept my temps in the 70's . During the day when the heat was up and it was warmer I had the light off and it would drop in the mid 60's those temps will really bring the purple colors out too.

10. Hey you should check this guys autos out. He's on day 77 and he's starting his flush. AlliDoIsTalkYay's All LED Summer Grow: 6 Strains 5x5 and 2x4 in Coco
    Ok not a painting but some pics of the autos in the 2x4

They are 77 days old today. Might as well start flush tomorrow since I'll probably be chopping around day 84-87.

Heisenberg Special

Will have some pics of the 5x5 tomorrow.

AlliDoIsTalkYay's All LED Summer Grow: 6 Strains 5x5 and 2x4 in Coco

IG: @_allidoistalkyay
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?posts/22818947/

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/4x2-grow-tent-%28-platinum-p300-led%29.1395811/

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gonna check them now mate.

Is the carbon filter meant to be odorless? My room smells but not of weed but it's definitely coming from the ducting. I'm wondering if it's normal or if I need to run it full power. At increased noise my enemy lol.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That guys killed it man crazy frosty I'm on day 74 just realised well so my reminder says lol. 6/6 sprouted.

But ill wait for triches to go amber first mayb try to hit the 70/30 cloudy/amber zone.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lowryder impressed me today I found a nugget that looks fresh but is a good size. Mayb over the last couple days it's popped it. I pulled on it alil to untuck it from the bud above it. It's sun bathing now.
    20160818_112233.jpg
    That branch is almost as good as the top cola now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I think my plants are sativa dominant but low ryder is more equal with both fat and thin leafs on it. Fat ones closer to the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah the carbon filter removes the odor

16. #239 butcher87, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Edited bad day.

17. Atleast I've only clipped the off buds tho little sprouts low down. No branches like last time.

I thought about lobbing off low ryder main cola cos it's not doing anything anymore it's looked the same for weeks. So dense I'm worried about rot..

We'll soon see tho in 7 days ish.

• Like Like x 1