Have a butchers. first grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by butcher87, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Hopefully I will be able to post pics, the method I'm using doesn't usually work but then my pic will appear in another post mayb. Two success uploads out of twenty. Mayb I'm doing it wrong I'm uploading with the tab below then closing when it's stopped. Do I have to insert after?

Today is day 18 but I have pics from the start I'll hopfully be able to share.

60x60x140cm tent.
    105w led light mars 48
    Biobizz all mix soil and nutes.
    Root pouch 2.2gal & 2gal fabric.

One lowryder auto in the 2gal.
    One auto #1 in the 2.2gal.

I've been using a bottled water from the store after seeing it's 6.3ph and lists all the nutrients it contains. Mayb a water expert could tell me if this water is good later.

I know it's potassium is 9mg per litre as I just checked that one. I also have an aquarium I've been tempted to use lol but haven't.

My tap water is hard water and it tastes nasty.

The grow has been pretty smooth from the 5th until afew days ago I think I shocked the plant with everything I could have.

Temp swing of 10c down to 14c then up to 23c. The weather was hot when I set up, the next week was very cold. I put my heating back on now.

I had the tent flaps just cracked open, the tent walls was sucked in very tight. I've now opened two flaps half way open. The tent walls are still sucked in but half as tight.

(I have placed a unibond 360 dehumidifier at each flap which has kept the tent at a stead 55% since. It was swinging from 50-70% before)

I messed up my light cycle giving an extra hour of darkness, stupidly then decided to give them 36hrs of light before setting back on 20/4.

I've also been under watering I think, due to the china fabric pot drying out so fast around the edges. But sticking my finger in it felt moist so I kept leaving it another day. Yesterday I think they was over waterd. But today they look as good as they did before this big crash that started on the 16th and I started to fix on the 20th.

Today is the first time I've looked at them and thought yaay. But they still have issues.

Leaves are still canoeing alittle.

One plant has what i think is potassium Def starting. Which it's outter leaf edge turning pale. If it is then it's very early so with advice I'm sure I can sort it out.

The lowryder has a cracked leaf mayb from when it was under waterd and the fan was blowing on it, or mayb I cracked the leaf trying to tuck leaves away so the node growth can get light.

NUTES.
    I have been giving them regular doses of biobizz root juice and formulex seedling stuff. I'm a noob. I'm told the formulex shouldn't have been added and now I'm thinking it's not organic either so mayb it's done more harm than good.

I did also dose them with 0.5ml of biobizz grow on the 16th. It was just over a litre of water so wasn't even half strength.

I think that is everything so far. I will try and post yesterday's pic of auto 1 showing what I think is potassium Def starting.

• Like Like x 2
  2. How could I lst this it seems impossible with how squat it is and strong. Stalk is like 6mm now and shedding.

Raised my light to 25in to hopfully force some strech.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. 20160607_112241.jpg

20160607_112241.jpg Day 4 (09/06)^^^^^^^^
    20160611_195041.jpg
    Day 6 (11/06)^^^
    20160613_115517.jpg
    Day 8 (13/06)^^^^
    20160615_184354.jpg
    Day 10 (15/06)^^^^^ 3 day jump now.
    20160618_185810.jpg
    Day 13 (18/06)^^^^^^
    20160620_194850.jpg
    Day 15 (20/06)^^^^^^^ I think this is when I flipped the bloom switch on too for the full 105w. Definitely looks a deeper purple but I thought it was day 16 I did that.

20160622_132529.jpg
    Day 17 (22/06)^^^^^

This is when I think I started to see improvement after the crash around day 15-16. This morning day 18 they looked much better than this last pic. But weirdly seemed to have dropped again mayb that's just cos it was straight after lights out which is when most of these pics were taken. So when they was just waking up mayb that has something to do with it.

I'll leave it here for now and hope this posts. I've finally got the pic upload sussed lol.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Problems i think I've found.
    20160622_210333.jpg
    Lowryder leaf has a hole and I think it's cracked. I'm guessing underwater caused it to be brittle then mayb me or the fan torn it. Also has speckles?
    20160622_210246.jpg Canoeing leaves again underwater?

20160622_205741.jpg
    Here's auto which is mostly fine I'm just wondering if the leaf edges colour changing could mean anything. Early potassium Def mayb but I'm told not to worry.
    20160619_170256.jpg
    This was my biggest noob mistake imo, under purple light it looked orange, a quick Google and I thought I had fungi so I clipped it. Then saw it looks more like a burn. Mayb a water droplet or something. I wanted to ask tho I wish I never clipped it now. It was around day 10.

20160622_205832.jpg
    Upskirt shot of auto #1 are those little leaves pre flowers or just new growt? 20160622_210333.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. 20160624_110916.jpg

Here's today day 19 (24/06)^^^^^

They look happier now don't they, mayb taller after raising my light to the top of the tent. Like 25in above them. Mars reflector are brilliant lights this is only 105w and most of this was on 50w half power. Flower is another story tho I know. But I'm hop of hitting an Oz. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tried some lst just a little to try and give me an opening to do it better. I haven't a clue about lst first hand. So I've just put some rings on the fabric pots. Then used them as anchor points. I've tried to make sure only the stem is being held. No shoots ect. Using wire stuff from the gardening isle.

Just this little ammount seems to have given a bigger surface area.
    20160624_121340.jpg

20160624_121348.jpg

As seen it's nothing extreme but I'm hoping it helps me figure out how to get lst going later. Mayb Monday I'll bring them out again.

I was supposed to water them today but think they look to good to risk over watering. Should I wait until they droop slightly then water?

• Like Like x 1
  7. 20160624_121348.jpg
    This one didn't look like it posted it's the top view of the above.

8. Auto #1 is looking better and has a new top coming up that little lst must have worked. Love it. 20160626_112029.jpg
    I'm happy with this plant.

Not so much with lowryder tho, the leaves look weird to me and the veins let light through. Plus now ther really is an orange spot.. Here's some pics advice needed please.

20160626_112447.jpg
    20160626_112538.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-26-11-31-08.png

The close up shows the weird shine and the orange.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've never grow any autos but yours look like all the other autos I see around here. They tend to grow tight internodes so they look very compact and bushy at first but they'll stretch out when they start to flower.
    One of my friends in here grows autos along with there photos his name in here is NeeF he's a good dude he might be able to help dial you in on your auto's.

All in all your looking good and with the watering it's easy to over water when there in big pots but if you judge by how heavy the pot feels. I usually give a good watering then let it drink until the pot feels light.

If the plants are droopy then perk up after you water then you under watering just a bit. If there droopy after you water then maybe over watered.

Ideally you want your leaves to look like there praying or reaching for the light.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4x2 grow tent ( platinum p300 led)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you for looking in mate I will check those out.

I came home yesterday not really noticing any change. I tied down a branch. Then put them back.

Today I just looked and auto # has jumped up I'm thinking 3-4in with fat stalk still. I've tied that down now too. If I keep tying am I truing to get the heads level with each other and that's all that matters?

Some folks lst looks like art, I'm just grabbing, twisting, bending pulling tickling tweeking and tying it doesn't look pretty. Hoping to also keep it low for the lowryder. But I can raise the low ryder anyway when if needed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's what I do. I try to keep a even canopy and sometimes it's not pretty. I grow photos though and you can really abuse them because you can give them time to recover before you flip.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Grr it posted it too soon and not full size. Here's the other pic from the side.

On Sunday they was 3wks old and I dosed them with just under half dose of bio bizz grow and I ph'd the water to 6.5 I think I'll rather be sure from now on. I tested my water and it had gone up to 8.5ph whilst bubbling. It should be 6.3 at source. I think I'll start to use tap water only now. 20160628_135310.jpg

Whilst visiting a friend I saw he has an auto going too. Ak47 but he did what I had planned on doing. Just throwing an led over it.

But his pot is smaller than a pot noodle cup, his soil Idk but it's like cement. Or hard play dough atleast. He's gave it nutes from the beginning not understanding nutes just throwing them in a drop here and there he said lol. No ventilation just a twist fab blowing under the pot ad his pot is raised up off the floor his fan is on. He just leaves the wardrobe open alittle 4in gap mayb to keep temps down.

But it's growing probably nowhere near the level it could have been which I've told him. He's gonna try better next time. But he's happy with what he has and I think I would be too it looks very nice bud up close. But I've put a downer on it for him saying once dried it'll weigh 70% less is it? Mayb has 10g if lucky. But that's only cos I read others report 10g and the don't do's he's done. But I can't wait to hear his result.

Here's afew pics of his ak47 don't judge too harshly he's very young and admits he only watched afew youtube vids.

Here's his worst looking leaf, he said he's been pulling leafs off when they turn. I've told him not to as the plant will just attack another leaf instead. Hope that's right.

20160626_235258.jpg

Below is a full shot, I thought it's huge for saying the pot is so small. I like how his light is mostly red. I'm not sure what light it is. It looks like mars 300w but it has 3 fans on it. The lad thinks it's about 180w true. But was given the light so Idk.

20160626_235241.jpg

This pic blew me away when I zoom in it looks like real nice bud, they are small I think it was about 2-3 in top cola. He lost track of time but thinks it has 12 days left. I couldn't comment on this only that he should try and be sure he doesn't cut too soon as it could double in size.

Seen in the next post. It's not posting here.

Attached Files:

13. Oops it had posted just not full size. My phone freezes and stalls whilst uploading pics here. Which makes it harder. Galaxy s4 can't keep up lol.

Yes mate I know not to top them alot say not to lst either just let em grow. But others say lst is fine. I don't fully understand it. But think the basic is pull stuff down to let light through. Whilst trying to get the heads level. Hopfully it works out.

I really hope I end up with a better yeild than my matey shown above. But I am shocked he even got there with all the mistakes and wrong items lol. I think he's done really well for his first ever attempt. No more than throwing a seed in any pot and hoping really.

14. Yeah basically that's what lst does. It allows you to get light to other parts of the plant and keeping the canopy even gives you more top buds and let's the light be close to all the buds instead of the one main bud. The thing with autos is there on a time limit they only veg till the mature and flower so if you stunt them during there veg stage they won't get very big. If you stunt a photo period plant you can just veg longer before you flip.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You plant looks good and healthy. If everything goes good I think you'll be very surprised on how much bud shell give you. Just give her good light and don't over feed her and she'll take good care of you

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oh and about some of those sickly looking leaves. I could be wrong but it's a good place to start, it's been my experience that if a leaf is touching the dirt it will get sick looking and die but that don't mean there's anything wrong with the rest of the plant. It looked as if some of your yellow leaves might have been touching the dirt. Just something to think about.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Excellent mate, to confirm that's my plants bad leaves not the ak47 pics I've thrown up?

I have put some mesh screen over my dirt now to stop them touching it in the future. I heard George crev saying to keep them from dirt with clay pebbles.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I haven't really noticed any change with mine today, temps are down tho miserable day outside I've closed my windows and knocked the heating on now. To keep temps up during lights out. I have like 4-5 tops visible level ish with each other. I think I found something on auto I wanted to ask tho. I'll check pics see if I snapped it.

Lowryder Idk it just looks like cone bush still.