Have a 5-chamber bubbler that I can't clean

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by meet, Nov 20, 2011.

1. i got this december 2010, it's never been fully cleaned once, though i've tried boiling and shit

but i didn't know about simply green. i'm definitely going to get that. i just completely soak it in simply green then? how long do you think it will take?

2. yea fill it up with simple green let it soak for about 2 days then rinse you should be good simple green is also reusable.

3. fucking awesome! thanks man!

4. Or gas is just 3.50 a gallon and you can reuse it in your car. JK lol

5. Alcohol will get that. Or grunge off.

6. IMO boiling isn't a good idea unless you cleaning a spoon, get a good sized bowl/bucket then soak that shit in either simple green, oxyclean, or 97% iso, should do the trick. Try doing it overnight.

7. Try 420 Bong cleaner. It works well

8. simple green is just like grunge off just slower at cleaning,and 42o cleaner is just iso and salt in a fancy bottle.

9. skip all these cleaning tips.. break it.. and buy a better bubbler..

10. Why I'll never buy a piece with more than 1 chamber and stem. Drag and cleaning.

I use oven cleaner and soak for a night, works great.

11. So after letting it soak...maybe a slight improvement....but it certainly hasn't changed much. I'm not sure what to do. Looking at it closely, you can literally see a line where the residue rose to the top from boiling, so I'm going to flip it the other way and see what happens (going to try boiling it again).

I can't believe there isn't something out there that just instantly disintegrates this residue...

12. Fuck, man, you should clean that shit every time you use it. It's what I do. I like to keep my shit clean.

13. As you've been told, boiling is a bad idea.

The only way to get it clean is millions of iso baths or a long sg bath. oh and gasoline lol

Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to boil a bong or bubbler? I would never think of that on my own as a way to clean a piece. Dangerous for the glass and if it worked would dirty up whatever you soaked it in.

14. I'll try the gasoline thing

15. What is wrong with you??? Im not trying to be offensive but like you have been suggested over 4 pages of good cleaning techniques and are still boiling which is the worst thing to do EVER.
    Oh and by the way the gasoline thing is a fricken joke if your seriously going to try that... I have nothing to say.
    Get some ISO and salt for Christ sake

16. Did you use iso? How long did you let it soak? You probably have to leave it for a couple days.

17. throw it away and buy a new one.. tomorrow is black friday!
    how about a tree arm bub... one chamber :D

18. Gasoline is a very effective cleaner of resins and gums for the same reason that it dissolves plastic cups, namely, it likes to dissolve polymers and thus renders them into a much less sticky form.

Granted, it's stinky, evaporates, and is quite a bit more flammable than alcohol.

I use acetone from the hardware store. Though, being unable to vouch for the Simple Green, in the name of science, I say try it!

Boiling is kind of a shitty way to clean your piece, though.

19. I can't imagine the resin taste you get off that bitch...

I don't see how it would be hard to get the alcohol out though; it will evaporate in time.