Hate to say it, but bud is negatively effecting me

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Cali Ounces, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Ever since my last t break my sketches and creativity level has skyrocketed. Ive been turning out shit way faster and the ideas flow much easier. Yet lately I decided to start smoking casually, casually means 3 or 4 times a week as opposed to all damn day every damn day. And obviously since I noticed the increase without weed, the decrease has been saddeningly apparent. I love to paint, and i love to smoke. I refuse to sacrifice one for the other and frankly its got me bamboozled. help me get the eff off petes couch blades!!!

Sidenote: its not like I've stopped painting, its just that I have no new ideas so im just bombing a lot.

2. I would suggest some experimentation with low doses of variuos stimulants to get the creative juices flowing.

3. Just find another drug to inspire you.
    ie. Female companionship.

4. nah i got that she hates when i slip out of bed at two in the morning for three hours at a time :D

5. I can't read when I'm high. It's terribly frustrating because I love literature. There are so many books that would normally take me a day to read that take closer to a month. This is because I'm pretty busy and I'm always smoking in my downtime.

Likewise my smoking makes it harder for me to turn out coherent ideas when I'm writing. Sometimes I'll make insights that I wouldn't have had sober, but the majority of the time it's much harder for me to studiously work at something high. it helps to write when in the later stage of a high but my writing is unfortunately better when written without being under the influence of the ganja.

Therefore adderall has become my best friend. :D

I hope everything works out for you man. i know my similar dilemna depresses the hell out of me sometimes..

6. well im gonna keep the smoking sched about the same, hoping its just a rut and everything will be alright. if not then ill smoke a blunt and ponder it

7. Do whatever works for you, some people are overly creative when high, others are not. Find your happy medium and you'll be set.

8. Here's your inspiration: Read a book, perhaps one with lots of imagery.

9. for me, being high doesn't do much to change my overall creativity. I find that I am the most creative and do the best work when I'm supposed to be doing something else or when I'm confined to an area by circumstances outside my power.

try changing the setting of where you do your work at least for initial concept sketches. if you find some place thats not burned, do some painting outside. Doing something like that every so often might be enough to jumpstart the creative juices

10. Drop some acid man or get some salvia after taking a week long tolerance break, that'll get you going

11. It's good to clear your mind of mental slumber. It most certainly has it's positive effects. I know when I play guitar stoned i seem to search around more for different ideas. When I'm not I just play whatever. It's all about preference. But taking a break is one of the better ideas you can have. It's not healthy to be stoned constantly, especially for sleep. Life gets me high itself you know? Like I said, all about preference.

12. I know exactly where you are coming from Cali. For me, I smoke very little, get a nice buzz going, get everything setup, and just do it. All i concentrate is my work or art, whatever I happen to be doing.

13. Just take a break, man. Sort things out sober, just let things fall into place. Marijuana will always be here, and she will certainly be here when and if you're ready for her again.

Peace TL :smoke:

14. I wouldn't quit smoking and painting at the same time...... just smoke more whenever you are looking for inspiration. watch tv stoned (duh), go to the mall stoned, eat dinner stoned, walk in the park stoned.

smoking and painting symotaneously may or may not be the problem. IMO, the focus should be on wherever you obtain your inspiration. the answer may be to smoke more or smoke less.

who knows..... good luck. but dont ever give away the cheeba. she would never leave you

-cmr