Hat forward policy

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by fourtwenty4201, Apr 29, 2012.

1. so i went to jack astors today with a buddy of mine, and when we got there they told him that he has to wear his hat forward. i was basically wondering if any other blades have ever heard of a "policy" this stupid before lol. i realize it their bar and they can do what ever they want, but what the hell lmao, it just doesn't make sense to me. he wore his hat down low so you could barley see his eyes after just to basically say "this is so stupid" hahah.

2. My highschool had a policy like that.

3. sounds like a shitty place to drink :eek:

4. I would assume it is because generally people who wear their hat backwards are younger and they don't want police thinking they serve to minors. I know before I was eighteen if you attempted to buy tobacco with a backwards hat they would always want to see some ID, but if you go in their with a forwards hat they usually never even asked.

5. Downtown here you can't wear any fitted caps and definitely not backwards. They call those hats a gangsign :rolleyes: psh... Forreal

6. That's really wack

7. At a lot of the higher end clubs here, there are strict dress codes regarding the fit and style of clothing and shoes. I like it. :confused_2: I think it's due to the gang implications... like, you can't even wear sneakers, your jeans have to fit a certain way, some places NO hats...

8. it's because that particular bar/restaurant has an older crowd who regularly goes there. they don't want to turn off their main customer group by having a couple of kids come in looking like hoodlums. i understand where they are coming from. i wear my hat to the back from time to time too but i think it's the sideways hats that they're trying to keep out

9. My high school had a NO-hat policy! Gang colours was the reason. Just plain stupid if you ask me since it was a predominately white suburban group of kids. She was originally from a "tougher" area of the city but couldn't seem to recognize the difference. Stereotyping young people if you ask me.