Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Hashmoufs Recipe Guide For cannabutter (Step By Step Pictorial)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Hashmouf, Jul 17, 2008.

1. With a little imagination and a basic knowledge of science anything is possible.

2. That kinda sucks, my and my friend can get really baked if we smoke 2 grams of this weed. And eating it did nothing haha....

I really liked the idea of eating just to avoid smoking a lot, but i quess its not as conservitave.

3. Question.
    It comes out as a jello looking glob?

4. Smoking is the most effective form of ingesting marijuana, this is why it is the most popular method, To effectively get high from eating you must ingest 2 to 3 times the portion you would smoking, Although eating is more health concious it requires large amounts to recieve a high equal to smoking.

5. Green butter is a better description. :)

6. I have seen other recipes that require you to simmer for 12 hours - 24 hours. Does the refrigerator technique do the same thing?

I used your recipe yesterday, :)

First time making pot food

7. basically, yes. Enjoy your cannabutter.

8. Hmm...guess I better ask again, sorry. I cant find my post in here if I left one.

My question is, over the years I've saved up about a quap of stems/seeds/clippings, only it's about 98%stems and seeds. Would it even be worth the trouble to try it? i'm pretty good with glass, but I'm gonna leave the pot conjuration magic up to you! Haha!

Thanks again bro.

9. By quap, do you mean quarter pound? And which method are you considering?

10. Yes, thats what I mean. And I'm apprantley bout to make an ass out of my self. I only scrolled down enough to see the first method, but is there a method that would work better for such an unholy bag?

11. OH shit no your not the ass...I AM!!!! I am so fuckin' loaded I thought this was my Hash making thread :D

OK Im on the right page now :)

This method would be great for you stems and shake.

12. LMAO. I wish I could rep you again for that...lollll

13. Will it change anything to let the butter/weed boil/simmer for like 10-15 minites instead of 5? Becaues ive tried this twice with a friend and both times were unsuccesfull:(

14. Sure you can try what ever you like, But you may need more weed or better quality to have a more successful attempt.

Have you been letting the butter re-soilidify in the frig and set over night?????

15. bumpin'.....

16. ok well first off this is an invaluable thread and I speak for everyone who read it when I say thank you! I live with people who dont approve of my passion and was wondering if anyone has any advice for me on how to do this away from home. I know the simmering part should be easy to do over a fire, but what about the refridgeration? How important is the cold process? Can it be bipassed or maybe improvised? I will be thankful for any advice.

17. what else could i use as a strainer?
    i was going to bust a 1/4 of bud to really fine powder and then use a stick of butter (4 oz) and when i stain it i was gunna use one of those paper filters for coffee. would this work?

18. No a paper coffee filter will not work the butter is to thick, cheese cloth or nylons will work.

19. I think the refrigeration is the key to this recipe dude

use a cooler

20. Yes im sure all other aspects can be improvised outdoors...And the chillen step should be feesable outdoors as well if you use the right tools, Like Irondog said a cooler would work best with plenty of ice maybe even using dry ice. It may take a few tries to get your proper technique down but once you got iit you can make cannabutter anywhere! Best of luck.