Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Hashmoufs Recipe Guide For cannabutter (Step By Step Pictorial)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Hashmouf, Jul 17, 2008.

1. hahahaa Thanks GMWM , that sounds like a great idea I will look into it, Have a good one see ya round the City.

2. Thank you and your welcome.

3. Durban made some canabutter from this tut and it turned out fucking great! Only he used the left over vaped bud from his Volcano. It definitely worked. :D

Thanks

4. :confused:Why isn't this a sticky yet?

5. :confused:Why isn't this a sticky yet?

6. yea i vote sticky for this 2. or make a sticky with links to all his posts

7. I agree with you guys :hello:

8. I guess my question is how does the butter extract the THC if it is only being heated for about five minutes? Or does the amount of time heated not matter, and it just needs to be in the butter? I'm confused... I had always heard heating the herb with the butter for as long as possible (2-4 hours) was best...

That would be a long time that I wasted standing over a pot of butter and weed, stirring pretty much constantly. It's usually a fucking project for me. Though I do hope you saved me future untold hours...

9. Yes I see this misconception very often when people try to make extracts of some sort, especially when cooking.

THC and CBD's are Fat soluble, The natural source of Fatty acids contained in butter act as a solvent that breakdown and bond with THC and CBD molecules.

Heat is not a vital tool in the extraction process and can actually ruin the quality and potency of the final product. Heat and light are the main causes of THC degradation, the more heat applied the more THC degrades and potency decreases.

When making my Cannabutter I melt the butter at medium heat, when the trimmings are added the temp is already high enough to aid the fat in the butter and begin the extraction. The 5 minute simmer is just to keep the butter liquid so it can be absorbed by the trimmings, which is the real key in this process.

The liquid butter is absorbed by the trimmings and the trimmings are covered and sealed in the butter once the butter re- solidifies, this is where the real magic happens! As the trimmings marinate in the butter the Fatty acids continue to extract all THC and CBD compounds and absorb them into the Fat molecules. When the butter is slowly re-melted on low these new formed THC CBD Fatty Acid compounds are then separated from the plant matter and after a slight cooling process you have High grade CannaButter.

In essence its actually contrary to what most think, When making Cannabutter you want to use as least heat for the least amount of time possible to conserve quality and potency. The longer you cook your butter you are just adding unneeded chlorophyll and slowly degrading THC CBD content, making your butter worse tasting and less intoxicating.

• Like Like x 1
  10. That makes sense. When I make Honey Oil or QWISO, I don't need heat. It makes sense that cannabutter wouldn't require it either.

I would imagine this particular way of doing it would allow for a lot less smell, too. The actual cooking process is much shorter.

Thanks for explaining that, I always wondered if there was a better way.

11. Great guide man!

Also, I noticed that the avg rating for the thread is 4.20....

time to blaze? :D

12. Yes very true that is a great comparison after all cannabutter is just another extract like HO or QWISO the solvent does the work so heat is not a major factor.

Yes the smell is not so strong since there is really no cooking involved just a short simmer to blend the butter with the trimmings and its off to the frig, then its re-melted on low so when the heat is low there are few volatile vapors released into the air, so odor is very low.

13. Thanks give it a try sometime! Hahahaha 4.20 huh thats crazy! guess I gotta smoke a bowl to that!!!!!!

14. Aiight man. I got the butter with 1/2 oz. of buds and trim (Sour Diesel) in the fridge right now. I'm gonna wait 4 hours before I take the leaves out. I'll let you know how it works out.

UPDATE::

Attached Files:

15. A job well done that stuff looks great, Have you used any yet? Give the GramCrakers a shot !

16. Made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and a cup of tea with the butter. Turned out great. Sweet recepie.

17. Right on bro, enjoy! Oh by the way I have a great Iced tea recipe coming soon for those hot summer days!!!! keep an eye out.

18. Thanks for the guide, this is a great post!

19. nice , good tutorial,

P.s get a new spoon XDXD

20. Nice tut, I gotta try this soon. I can't wait to see the iced tea recipe.. hashmouf I wish you were my friend IRL.