"Hashmouf's Official Guides to Homemade Hash" {Step by Step Pictorials}

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Hashmouf, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Yeah probably my QWISO tutorial it has many similar tools and steps.

2. awesome thanks for the tutorial hashmouf
    I'm going to do this for sure cause I don't want to cook the ISO off over the stove due to smell...when you let it sit for 24 hours it wouldnt necessarily HAVE to be in the fridge right? I'm thinking I could leave mine in the basement or in a cooler full of ice down there. Don't want anyone accidentally drinking my precious hash water haha

3. Yeah I dont suggest cooking off the ISO when making QWISO , it smells, it is dangerous and it lowers quality. when making QWISO allow the ISO to evaporate by air in front of a small fan, that works best for low smell, saftey and preserves quality.

As for the Cold Water method, keeping it in a Ice chest with Ice would work fine the idea is just to keep it cold however you can.

4. sweet man! thanks!!

i'm gonna try this tonight.. looks like you use about twice the water as trim? (enough to cover it twice?)

5. Nice quick alternative to bag type cold water extraction.

6. Yes correct.

7. Yes indeed and very thrifty :D

8. hashmouf,
    which do you consider a better end product, this or the qwiso? (assuming the trim quality is the same)

9. In my opinion, Cold Water Hash is of superior quality, Because the trichomes are unaltered in any way, the yield suffers but purity and quality improve.

However I know many people that prefer to smoke QWISO, Plus it is better for small batches of trimmings and the process is much easier as well. So its a matter of personal preference which is better, But both are wonderful techniques that's why I decided to show both options.

10. Really nice guide. Easy to folow and understand. Props to you

11. good stuff man now my only question is which of the methods (Cold water or QWISO) would you say is more effective?

12. Depends what is your idea of effective, Quality or Quantity ???

Quality = Cold Water

Quantity = QWISO

13. Thank you.

14. How much did the quarter OZ yeild? I've made hash just using the oven heating it and pressing it and stuff with just pure crystal (kief) and got about 3grams I'm looking for the most efficient way to yeild more.

15. where can you get those strainers at??

16. This yield was 1.3 grams from a quarter OZ of trimmings so it is far more efficient then just screening for kief.

17. I got mine at Food 4 less, for 99 cents a piece.

18. Great tutorial, as usual, Hashmouf. How much does this yield as opposed to the QWISO method?

19. About half the yield as QWISO.

20. lol. good guide! isnt there still THC inside of the plant matter though?
    i would recommend making some QWISO with the same trimmings after.