Hashish

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by clodhopper, May 18, 2012.

1. For years ive been letting lbs of trim hit the floor thinking it was more trouble than its worth. But a fellow grower tells me he got nearly 1/2 lb of ice hash from his 12lbs of trim. Any of you guys make hash from your trim?

Tell me what you know.

2. I made the terible mistake of throwing out all my trim my first year..had no one to tell me I could make hash out of it! :rolleyes:

Yes it is well worth it to save your trim if your plants finished or were somewhat close to it you'd be suprised how much hash you could make..

3. i've been using bubble bags and some knock off brand also for years. works well good way to ruin a good beer drinking party. take regular smoker smoke some bubble made with small buds, two hits, person eats everything in site, party over.

anyhow realy easy to do 5 gallon buckets, ice, clean water, up to 500 gms trim or buds (yes i have chucked a few hundred grams of bud in there to see what i get) good clean paint mixer on the end of cordless screwdriver. mix 15-25 mins depending on how pure you want it. strain it, dry and smoke. you can put it in celophane and heat it up till it all sticks together for a real hash look but i generally don't. just smoke it in little crumbles.

4. Absolutly, I make Ice hash, QWISO, and butter.

The qwiso takes practice to get it down atleast it did for me, but if done right imo it is the most potent, i freeze the trim and iso for a few hours, put the trim into a glass mason jar and pour the iso in until its just even with the trim, then give it a slow swirl and pour it through a thin pillowcase and let it pour into a flat glass pan filtering the plant material ( squeeze it good) then I let it dry in the sun, as with all methods using trim from multiple strains is prefered.

I use a 3 bag set starting with 5 gallons for ice hash, I use this thing that spins ( get the biggest one you can find) and is used for cooking to mash stuff to mix the trim and ice during the process, it takes work but this method will produce the biggest yeild.

For butter I use 1 stick for 2 ounces of trim and let it cook in the crokpot as I find the crokpot makes the best butter for me, use as little water as possible to get the most thc in your butter.

5. Thats good info buds. I appreciate the comments.

One of the things that has backed me off of trying it is when i look at bags, i see 3-400$ What size bags you guys using? It seems like the "set" has 8 bags - damn, do i need that many?

Tkokush, i got the drill, paint mixer and bucket. What other parts are needed. after that, i'll be asking about process.

6. make sure the mixer is brand new don't use one that has anything on it. some people use food mixers but i wasted two using them before switching to cordless 16 volt and clean mixer.
    5 gallon buckets- two, also brand new any thing in your bucket can contaminate the hash.
    you will need ice enough to fill the bucket at least a third full. clean water.
    good trim and small unmarketable buds work best. people will say you can use water leaves but they are just getting lack of oxygen to their brains becouse they are not smoking tricomes if they don't exist.

like the other guy said freezing the trim before hand helps but not entirely nessesary.
    my original set of 8 cost $150 for bubble bags. that was about 12 years ago. since then i have bought the knock of brands i believe my last ones were from gypsy's site. 5 bags kit. with the 8 bags 3 are all but useless so don't bother with them.

3 bags are what you need to take out plant material and the last 2 are to catch the tric heads. in two differant qualities. the last bag is the cream of the crop.

to store for long periods you will need some celophane, wet newspaper, and a way to gently heat the hash wrapped in celophane then wrapped in moist newspaper. an iron works well.
    when you get ready to do it i can walk you through step by step it is very simple and the whole celophane part is not nessesary unless you want it to look nicer and have for longer storage.

i currently don't own a set of bags i have gone through 4 i believe in about 12 years they will last about 3-4 good harvests if you clean them well after every use.

7. The dry ice method will yield you the most hash for your trim but the ice and water method already stated can get you a better end product. But let me tell you the hash I get from the dry ice method gets me flying! I only use the 220 bag

8. Search the forum for "Dry Ice Hash." Easy to make and good yield.

If you want to get fancy and make oil or melt later, all good! :smoke:

9. If your gonna make hash make BHO so good..

QWISO wash's are easy to there tutorials for them on here somewere..

10. Dry ice hash is easier than bubble hash (made with normal ice). They're both as potent it depends on the product you have at the beginning. For dry ice hash, use only dried bud/trim or frozen bud/trim that was dried beforehand. Use fresh herb or frozen from fresh herb for bubble hash (normal ice). For dry ice hash, Use only 1 bag like the 110 or 73 one. Shake for a couple minutes only (2). If you shake more, it'll be green and less good. There are videos on youtube. Dry ice hash is said to yield more than bubble hash.

11. I prefer bubble hash to dry ice personally. I'd got the best results using partially dried trim in my bubble bags with the ice water extraction. My dry ice has has never been anything to right home about. I tried using fresh, dry, and frozen and never really liked it. BUT the great thing about the dry ice hash is it does yield a ton like Corto said so its perfect for making edibles. I put people on their ass with my dry ice edibles.

12. I'm not sure where you live or of you're a med patient, but one thing to consider is, bubble hash and dry ice hash are both perfectly legal to produce in CA if you have a recommendation. But BHO, QWISO, and any chemically extracted hash is considered a serious crime here. It's on the same level as making meth. I like to err on the side of caution legally and for my own health and stick to the non-chemical methods of making hash.

13. #13 Corto Malteze, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
    I only made bubble hash. I read on other forums that people were real happy with dry ice hash but didn't compare potencies of both. It is less messy to make that's for sure. I trust what you say on the potency. I'll have to try it one day. Interesting about the BHO seen as meth for the law. It is super dangerous to make I read. There are horrible stories while making BHO. I never will try it haha (I don't trust my chemist's skills) but the main thing is to do it outside and have protection. See you mjmama, thanks for the rep.

14. [quote name='"Corto Malteze"']I only made bubble hash. I read on other forums that people were real happy with dry ice hash but didn't compare potencies of both. It is less messy to make that's for sure. I trust what you say on the potency. I'll have to try it one day. Interesting about the BHO seen as meth for the law. It is super dangerous to make I read. There are horrible stories while making BHO. I never will try it haha (I don't trust my chemist's skills) but the main thing is to do it outside and have protection. See you mjmama, thanks for the rep.[/quote]

The only benefit to bubble hash to
    Me is you can use all your bags at once and get 7 different grades of hash some being better than the dry ice hash some being the same. Don't get me wrong the quality of dry ice hash is good as long as you don't shake the bag to long. You can just get better quality from bubble hash. To me the quality of bubble hash is not good enough to justify not doing the dry ice method. I just get so much with dry ice method :)

Edit:
    Plus it is so much easier and quicker to make dry ice hash compared to bubble hash.

15. #15 buddogmutt, May 20, 2012
    i am.....all the time...from my blueberry diesel trim...bubble all the way....dry ice is method is crap....and your hash is only as good as the trim its made from....the more thc...the better the hash...no matter the method...but theres NO dryice kief...not hash until pressed....thats better then any of my bubble runs....A PIC IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS....

Attached Files:

16. corto, in 1975, you couldnt give green homegrown weed away even if it was killer. I got 100$ a lb for mine when i could sell it and it was good weed. Everybody wanted red lumbo. so we decided to take a few lbs and make some hash oil.

After being awake for about a week taking white crosses,(amphetamines), me and a buddy decided we would make some hash oil from a reicipe we got in an old how to book from ed rosenthal. We had made one batch and were cooking on the second while testing the first batch. We both nodded out for a bit but where awaken when our cooker blew up and blew the hood range off of the stove and the kitchen window out.

The niegbors called the fire dept but we had it out by the time they got there. It was wild man. There was a flash ball of fire from the alcohol that blew through the kitche the size of a car. It was decent oil but i was always gun shy after that event.

17. It looks like the consensus is bubble, ice hash. Im getting there 1 step at a time. Im confused about the bag mesh though. Whats the diff between 220 and 73?

18. #18 buddogmutt, May 20, 2012

micron size(the netting the THC collects in)...depending on how many bags your bubble bags are these numbers will range...i have a 5-bag/5gal bag set-up

Attached Files:

19. Wow clodhopper thats wild, I always make my iso hash using no heat, I just let the sun dry it out, I higher the micron the less plant material and more thc in the end product or do I have that backwards not sure.

20. [quote name='"buddogmutt"']i am.....all the time...from my blueberry diesel trim...bubble all the way....dry ice is method is crap....and your hash is only as good as the trim its made from....the more thc...the better the hash...no matter the method...but theres NO dryice kief...not hash until pressed....thats better then any of my bubble runs....A PIC IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS....[/quote]

How much trim did you use to get that hash?