hashberry drip hydro grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by MedTokeRX, Jun 28, 2007.

1. This is my second grow. I grew in soil my first try and did allright i think.
    my setup

400W digital ballast
    600W digital ballast
    4 buckets
    8 gallons in the resevoir

I only have one MH bulb for veg but i'm running both lights anyway. The temperature in the closet stays between 85 and 90 degrees Ferenheit. I don't have a thermometer but the water in the res seems cool. the ph is under 6. and air circulation is good. I'm excited.

I bought 10 Hashberry seeds from mandela and they got to me in less than two weeks.i planted five seeds. they all popped up in 3 days. one was a runt and deformed, it died. The other 4 are growing good 2 faster than the others.

Well thats about it if anyone has any suggestions i'd love to here them. i also had a question about the leafs curling a bit does anyone know whats causing that or if its normal?

here are some pics

Attached Files:

2. I sugest a larger resevoir.id go with at least 30 gallons.A larger res is much easier to maintain than a smaller one.with one as small as 8 gallons your plants could easily use 5 gallons in a day once they are realy growing.That will raise the ppms to critical in a single day!!!not to mention with such a hot mix the ph will drop through the floor.the rest of your set up looks good though.good luck.:wave:

BTW what are you using for ventalaition?

3. :eek: Five gallons in one day?!! Dang i had no idea my res is 14 Gallons so i'll top it off when i change the water and keep a close eye on it. right now i just have like 12 inch house fans but my buddie is giving me a good exhuast fan this weekend. Thanks for the advice.

4. here are updated pics the two up front are doing good i hope they're females. they are very stalky. I counted 14 branches on one and its not even a foot tall.

Attached Files:

5. those are lookin good, within the next week u could start to force flower, im sure they will show sex very soon

6. Looks like a stalk man, good lookin plants. soon enough you will know the truth on the sex. Patients is a virtue.

Peace

7. Dude, don't make the same mistake I did. If you don't already have one, purchase a good digital ph meter. I also use a digital PPM meter. You have a very good strain there, take care of it. How old are they? Do you have any in veg or are you just trying to flowering everything that you have? Good luck man...l8rs

8. I have a ph test kit from my fishtank but i think i am going to get a ppm tester. they're 3 weeks old, they've been in hydro for 2 weeks. i'm vegging them now i want them all to be big enough to get a few good clones off of. then i will start budding them. should be soon

9. heres some more pics. I started flowering today

Attached Files:

10. ok here are some more pics i guess this grow must not be very exciting. not many people posting. i took some clones and built a box ffor them i framed it with 1x2's. put it in the corner of my closet and covered the open side with cardboard. the front i stapled velcro around the parimiter and sewed the other side of the velcro to a piece of black fabric. so it makes a light proof door. i have one 15watt floresent in there now and will put my other one in therewhen i get the time. well thats about all nothing too exiting. If anyone has any coments or suggestions i'd love to here them.

Attached Files:

11. Your doing very well for your first go at hydro. Everything looks really healthy so far... Keep it up and your in for a real treat with those hashberry.

12. can anyone tell if this is a male or not only the two biggest plants look like this.

Attached Files:

13. I can't tell from that picture. But everything looks good, I would like to see it at the end.

14. dude, this grow is an inspiration to me. i have had such shit luck with hydroponics. can you give me advice on the system you made/purchased and the nutrient mixture you are feeding them?

i give those beautiful plants two thumbs up man [​IMG]

15. whoa!! they're growing fast and look great! keep it up!!

16. ok heres my setup its kind of hokey but i had fun putting it to gether and it seems to be working pretty well. the plants are in net pots that have a rim that fits in the five gallon buckets. i got them from the hydro store. besides the nuts i got pretty much everything from home depot or walmart. all the tubing and the ruffneck container i got from depot. i got a $35 pond pump from walmart.the buckets and resevoir were getting hot and heating up the water so i cut some cardboard to cover the top of everything and it helped alot. the pump is in the ruffneck 1/2 inch tubing from the gardening section of home depot fit on the pump then i ran the thin tubing to the plants to help slow the water flow down alittle. then i made the football shaped rings from 1/2 inch tubing and a90 degree connector and punched 4 holes in each one. Oh yeah i also had to get the rubber gromets for the drain holes because i couln't find them anywhere in depot. i was using botanicare but i got a sample pack of general hydroponics that i'm trying. they both seem to work great i'll probably end up using wich ever one is cheaper. there's also a picture of the box i built for the clones and mother plant.

Attached Files: