Hash With Methylated Spirits?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ThE_bAyZ_pRiNcE, Nov 13, 2008.

1. is it possible to chemically extract the THC using methylated spirits instead of iso alcahol?. But use the same method.

edit:if this is indeed the wrong section, please move it.

2. they may have too much sugar in them...but i could be wrong.

3. I just put some meths onto a plate to evaporate to see the outcome.

1 hour later the plate was dry, no sugar crystals or anything.

Imma give it a try anyway....let you guys know if it does work or not. lol . Just curious, because i saw a post were someone used Vodka. Vodka is just alcahol with additives yes?, i dont see why this wont work then.

ehhh, trial n error.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dont invest too much bud into it, just do a lil test.

5. Im curious as well ill be sure to follow this thread

6. Im not using any good bud, just a few mid buds and cuttings.

Post back tomorrow to say if worked or not..

7. this should be cool to see. Glad it didnt leave any crystals or anything, might just work.

8. So it worked.

Prob wasnt as effective as Iso alcahol. But still. I got high as fuck. lol .

9. You sir, do terrible things to perfectly good herb. But your sig is cool as fuck so I won't turn you in to the ganja police.

10. I WAS about to ask same Question. As we know there is a percentage of our population that has indulged in Metholated Spirits as a “cool refreshing drink” so at least here in Australia we know it’s not VERY toxic! Lol so yep I’m going g to give it a go on some trimmings… and make a RS Oil . But I will use the pressure oven to clean the toxins out.. And as far as the Vodka? That’s how I’ve been winterising my rosin. And no trace of any residual flavours from the vodka… as we know Vodka has almost NO smell. Unless you don’t drink! But if you keep the temp low and take your time for evaporation and you will keep the terpenes intact.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. There is no way I would be using a poison like methyl alcohol near my weed.

• Agree Agree x 2