Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HASH, what EXACTLY is it ???

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by baked.420, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Okay so what exactly is hash ? every post i read gives me a different answer!
    Is is the remains(crystals) of weed or is it a plant by itself..?

2. Thc cystals from the buds. There are strains of weed called hash plant but that's just a name. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. is there a specific type of strain that it could be extracted from ? or any type of strain would do ?

4. Any strain that contains thc. You must be new around here, welcome to the city.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Its just weed extract, from any strains and it has many different types of it.

6. There is hashish and hash oil. They're both cannabis concentrates. Just made differently. All weed can be made into hash. You generally get back from 10 to 25% yield depending on your method and quality. So 10g of weed can make around 2.5g of hash.Hashish is made form running weed over screens of varying sizes until you're left with small particulate. This is mostly trichome heads, which are the crystals on weed, which contain the cannabinoids(THC, cbd, CBN, etc) . Some small pieces of plant matter make it through so it's not purely trichome heads. Kief is technically hashish, it's just done through one bigger screen versus multiple smaller screens. Like in a grinder.Hash oil is solvent based. Solvents like butane, isopropyl alcohol, hexane, etc are shot through weed, screened to remove the plant matter from the solvent, then the solvent is slowly evaporated using heat or a vacuum chamber , until you're left with no solvent, just an oil that results from breaking down weed with solvents, it is highly concentrated in cannabinoids. This is what people use to do dabs.

7. in short:

hashish = mechanically separated trichome heads

hash oil = oil obtained by solvent extraction

both are concentrated forms of cannabis

8. hash is when the grinded bud, is grinded and grinded untill its the texture of sand, then slightly heated to get very soft,then rolled into a ball or a square or what ever and it cooled down now what you have is dark brown (before slightly heated its a golden light brown weed sand (just like the small crumbs in ur weed bag at the bottom when its empty) thats what the bacis hash is made of/how

9. u wrong sir

hahahaha

11. #11 â’¸anadianBuds, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
    THC that is compressed into a solid form using either heat, pressure, or both.

/thread

Edit; Some of these replies are lol worthy. "It's bud grinded to the texture of sand"

Or solvents  :bolt:

That would be hash oil.

Sure, some people call it ISO hash etc, but in reality what they have is an oil.

14. Extracting the good stuff out of weed, if you wanna get into oils and waxes, that can be up to 90% potent lol, it's some good shit. To those about to quote me saying I'm wrong SC labs in SoCal tests the oil at my main dispensary and they had some Diablo OG at 90%Hash is about 15-25 a gram, so don't overpaySent from my iPad Air

15. [quote name="DopeGame" post="19148902" timestamp="1386869378"]hash is when the grinded bud, is grinded and grinded untill its the texture of sand, then slightly heated to get very soft,then rolled into a ball or a square or what ever and it cooled down now what you have is dark brown (before slightly heated its a golden light brown weed sand (just like the small crumbs in ur weed bag at the bottom when its empty) thats what the bacis hash is made of/how[/quote]Are you kidding lolSent from my iPad Air

16. well than what is ti genius? there are many methods to makeing hash and other kids of hash bubble hash, 5 sexond hash wiich is the easiest

17. [quote name="DopeGame" post="19354281" timestamp="1389918174"]well than what is ti genius? there are many methods to makeing hash and other kids of hash bubble hash, 5 sexond hash wiich is the easiest[/quote]You can grind up weed into a Powder to make hash. I think you mean Kief, and hot pressing it.Sent from my iPad Air

18. if you just ground up weed really fine you'd have plant matter in your hash. Hash is the trichomes from bud, which are separated from the plant matter with screens and compressed/heated.

19. yeah to me its hash not stupid fancy names for weed, to me weed is weed hash is hash not kief or dabbing ro any of those stupid rich people names