Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash vs Weed????

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bezerk_blizzy, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Ok, what exactly is hash? I've smoked it before, but I was highly confused to what exactly it was...can someone please clear this up for me?

And also, which is better, Hash or Tree?

2. Tree=Marajuana...just a little slang

3. It all depends on the quality of the pot when the hash is made.

Since hash is from marijuana, neither can be better...

4. hash is basically thc crystals compacted into a ball and is more potent.

5. not true hash is more potent because its just compacted trichromes vs. plant material

6. OOOOooooOOOOooo Soooo Hash is just the crystals compacted into a solid?? True that +rep for clearing that up...Thanks, I feel dumb...

SO let me ask this...Hash is basically the same thing as smoking kief?

7. #8 pinacolaaadas, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
    Hash is made up of the resin glands of the female marijuana plant, AKA trichomes. Hash is much more pure and potent because most (depending on how it was extracted and quality) of the plant matter and chlorophyl has been removed, leaving only the extracted trichomes. Thus why hash is more potent than bud.

This is more of a brief explanation, but I think you get the picture. I'm sure someone more experienced in extractions can give you a more detailed explanation.

Edit:
    Normally kief obtained from a 1 or 2 piece grinder still has a small amount of plant matter and, and must be filtered or sifted many times to take all of the impurities out. In essence, yes Hash is kief, but most hashes contain higher percentages of THC.

8. +rep man thanks

9. #10 mimomontalvo, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
    yessir. kief and hash are basically the same

10. Sure man, knowledge is power! lol

:laughing:

11. Although keif still contains a small amount of plant matter because when the bud is grinded the THC crystals and a little bit of the bud is dusted off into the keif, hence the green color. Hash slightly is more potent than keif due to its extraction methods, but both will get you fucked up.

12. hash is more compacted, potent thc crystals and cannabinoids, i believe? either way, it gets you fucking high. way higher than bud. i smoked a ball of hash in a one hitter between me and a friend, and it gave us each about a dozen hits and we got high as fuck. if it had been one hit of bud in there, it wouldnt have done much to even one of us... if that helps explain anything.

13. Wait... what?

How can you compare "the plant in his whole" vs "part of the plant, transformed"

Where is the city going.

Elend.

14. ISO hash isn't just kief, it extracts THC from the bud too. It isn't as strong as bubble hash, but you don't need kiefy bud to make it (you can make iso hash if you get a good deal on an assload of schwag for example).