Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash VS Bud Discuss.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Skunky Monkey, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Hash is a much more subtle high, but find it lasts a bit longer..weed is a much more intense high, but I burn out real hard.

2. Buds

1)Bud helps reduce my nausea better than hash. I believe marijuana has more medical benefits than just THC and not all of it makes it into hash. One thing that supports this belief is the fact that hemp can be used medically, but has very little THC. There must be other beneficial compounds besides THC & CBD.
    2)The taste. Most hash doesn't taste very good. Even hand rubbed hash from a Sour Diesel plant doesn't taste as good as straight buds IMO.
    3)It's easy and doesn't require any extra processing. Hash is a pain to make and not always available on the streets.
    4) It's easier to tell the quality of bud by looking at it. I've had bomb hash that was really dark and hard, and some that looked the same but tasted like seed and stem.

I think kief is a happy medium. It has a high like bud, but more concentrated like hash. Best of both worlds.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I agree except for the taste. I've noticed hash even threatens to make me nauseous sometimes (could've been the meh hash i had though). But I am nuts over that earthy spicy hash taste.

4. I really like how hash burns, hence how I'll ONLY buy it if I have bud... so I can sprinkle it over.

5. i tend to see it the same way as the OP, only I prefer hash. I had the chance to get some Afghani gold seal in the spring, someone i know picked up a 1/2lb... oh it was so good, beautiful minty smell. it would actually keep me up at night with the body buzz being so strong.

I've made my own finger hash just from the resin on my fingers. it was only enough for one smoke. the last batch of bho i made has a familiar hash taste, with a smoother smoke

6. kief is basically hash unpressed, albeit a very simple way of collecting and pressing hash.
    a Persian friend of mine who lived in Pakistan until the early '00s told me about all the different types of hashish at market booths in the border city of Peshawar.
    I would assume that different types of marijuana would produce different hash characteristics. however, i've only had traditional hash (afghan & lebanese) a few times. i'll be making some bubble hash at the end of the season though, never had that before.
    i can say that from the three batches of bho i've made, each one has had both subtle and profound differences. first batch was very high in thc, i'd get lost in my mind for 20 mins, staring off into space. second batch was average, latest one is more cerebral, but with a sedative feel that comes on slowly. first time i tried it, i was fast asleep an hour or two later.

Hashish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    some info that'll answer your questions

7. Pollen hash is so good because it's kief but pressed but it still has a different taste from kief you have that kief taste but you get that hash taste. :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Living in NY, there is shit for hash and the only time i ever get it is if i make it, which is the only way ill ever smoke it, unless its from a dispensary. never know what the fuck someone is putting in the hash......

saying that, i love hash because it takes to little to get so high, but loveeee smoking flower. flower with some hash on top is the way i enjoy the most.... on the once a year occasion i make hash

9. That sucks man, why don't you start a grow or get a hook up outside the city, i wouldn't buy street hash in NY unless you know them well, hash can contain all kinds of nasty stuff.

10. not trying to be an asshole, but you do know that kief isn't pollen, but the resin/trichs, right? only the male plants produce pollen.

i've yet to amass enough kief in my grinder to make pressing it worthwhile. as soon as there's enough for a bowl i fall to temptation heh.

11. Not trying to be an asshole

But you understand of course that when he refers to pollen kief, he refers to kief pressed in a pollen press so that the heads burst, the oils leak out and binds together in a hash puck, right?

• Like Like x 1

12. Sorry man you have me all wrong :laughing: no i'm not at all talking about pollen from male pollen sacks but the resin tricks when it is pressed in a "pollen presser because the type of hash that is made when you do that is pollen.

Not anything to do with actual pollen :p

13. yep, i got that. i was just wondering if he thought that the resin was actually pollen, in the literal sense, which females don't produce. 'pollen' is a misleading term, as it's not pollen at all.

i wasn't coming down on the guy, or criticizing him.

14. maybe i should have rephrased my post, i was just wondering if you knew the difference. not everyone does.
    the pressing method though is how hash is made to begin with, whether it's hand rubbed, or heat pressed - even though each method is essentially doing the same thing, the slight variances make different types of hash wish different textures, smoke and scent. fascinating stuff, imo

anyway, sorry if it seemed like i was attacking you or something. it was meant more as a question.

15. No i was just talking about the actual type of hash called pollen which isn't made out of pollen but resin and trichs.

I grow so i know that male plant only produce pollen to pollinate the females ect..

:)

16. should have been

hash
    bud
    hash doesn't exist in my parts

17. What ?!?1 Nah man no worry's i didn't take offence to it at all man, it's fine man i know what you mean, i have come across people who think male pollen is what pollen hash comes from haha but no don't worry i didn't take offence to it at all :)

18. i'm familiar with the term, i just don't get why it's been called pollen. i've had a similar discussion, albeit only once, with someone about this who insisted the resin/trichs were female pollen, which doesn't make sense.
    i know that's not what you were referring to though.

anyway im pretty sure we understand each other on this :)

19. It seems there is a monkey at allot of peoples windows :D